Our client, a group of companies operating in the construction industry, is seeking an Accounting Assistant to work on a temporary, 6 month contract basis. This position will report out of their Halifax office. Ideally, the successful candidate will work closely with the company's Controller and will be involved in all aspects of the day-to-day financial aspects of the company.
- Managing account reconciliations
- Assisting with the payroll process
- Prepare and enter journal entries
- Tracking and maintaining general ledger entries
- Month end accruals
- Financial statements support
- Post-secondary education in accounting
- Minimum of one year experience in a similar role
- Great communication and technical accounting skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities with superior attention to detail
- Highly analytical thinker
Work With Us
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume to the attention of Natalie Clothier by email to [email protected] Please quote position #AS15849-CB.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Accountant Staffing is Atlantic Canada's only specialist recruitment firm focusing exclusively on the placement of accounting and finance professionals. Organizations use the services of Accountant Staffing to fill a variety of roles from Junior Accountant to Chief Financial Officer. For more information about Accountant Staffing or to view additional positions, please visit our website at www.accountantstaffing.com.