Inspired by Challenge. Opportunity with Reward. Committed to Community.
At PAL, innovation is at the core of our operations, and our team members worldwide. With a proud 40-year history, PAL has grown and expanded to become international leaders in aerospace and aviation. Through its multi-faceted divisions, PAL has established its footprint not only on a national level, but internationally, with new and exciting ventures and partnerships across the globe.
To continue our vision for growth, we're looking for an Assistant Treasury Manager to join our Corporate team in St. John's, NL.
Reporting to the Treasury Manager, the Assistant Treasury Manager's responsibilities shall include the following:
- Ensure all accounts payable, accounts receivable, and banking transactions are processed accurately and in a timely manner;
- Coordinate month end procedures and ensure weekly / monthly checklists are followed;
- Assist with treasury system enhancements and new technologies;
- Ensure compliance with internal controls and procedures;
- Review vendor and customer reconciliations;
- Communicate with customers and vendors as required;
- Manage weekly cheque runs;
- Review and approve batches when required;
- Oversee and assist treasury with day-to-day banking;
- Supervision, training, and mentorship of the treasury team;
- Oversee cashflow forecasting;
- Prepare treasury team performance and analysis against department metrics;
- Assist with provision of supporting data and documents for internal and external audits;
- Provide transactional level support as needed;
- Other duties as assigned.
- College certificate or University Degree in Accounting (Experience would be considered equally);
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in an accounting/treasury environment;
- Excellent computer skills, specifically with Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to prioritize and meet time sensitive deadlines;
- Process-oriented with the qualifications as outlined in the description;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills;
- Committed to learn technical aspects of each deliverable;
- Demonstrates an ability to be a leader within their team;
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment;
- Ability to obtain a clear record of conduct.
Work With Us
What PAL offers you:
- Personal travel privileges with PAL and interline agreements with other airlines
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Employee Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee and Family Assistance Programs
- Opportunities for growth
PAL is committed to fostering an inclusive work environment that celebrates and encourages diversity, equity, and inclusion whereby individuals are recognized, supported, and respected. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you.