We are currently seeking candidates for the position of Sanitation Technician - Nights.
Reporting to the Sanitation Supervisor, the Sanitation Technician will be a key component to maximizing the safety, quality, and productivity in our daily operations throughout all departments. The ideal candidate is a self-starter that can maintain positivity, using notable multi-tasking skills to meet requirements of the department. The Sanitation Technician will work with various equipment, cleaning devices, and cleaning chemicals with safety in mind, while using good production practices (GPP's ) in conformance with the Cannabis Act.
The Sanitation Technician will work in a physically demanding role and will be required to lift up to 50 lbs. on occasion., lifting, bending, reaching, walking, standing, and at times performing repetitive work.
- Responsible for performing on-site clean-up and sanitation activities in conformance with the Cannabis Act; must comply with Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOPs) and Good Production Practices (GPP's);
- Communicate effectively with Supervisor, follow supervisor direction;
- Audit sanitation duties and complete documentation with accuracy, following record keeping standards under the Cannabis Act;
- Collaborate with co-workers and department leads to initiate improvement strategies and optimize sanitation standard operating procedures;
- Troubleshooting quality constraints as a result of sanitation challenges, liaise with operations to champion corrective actions;
- Clean hard to reach areas while on scissor lift while using correct PPE;
- Move and carry equipment, planters, and other materials from jobsite;
- Wash and sanitize containers and utensils, placing them on conveyors through an industrial size washing machine;
- Sweep, mop, and operate vacuum pack to maintain all surfaces;
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Experience in a food or pharmaceutical manufacturing environment would be considered an asset.
- 1-2 Years performing industrial Sanitation work, janitorial, custodial work is a definite asset;
- Willingness to learn and take direction;
- Good communication skills both verbal and written;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment;
- Must be able to work in adverse conditions, including but not limited to heights, heart and humidity;
- Critical eye for troubleshooting defects with a commitment to quality and safety;
- Flexibility to overtime and shift work as required;
- Experience working at heights and/or fall arrest training an asset.
For more information and to apply online, please visit the Careers page of our Website at: https://www.organigram.ca/careers
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected will be contacted.
Organigram is an equal opportunity employer.