We are currently seeking candidates for the position of Extraction Technician (CO2) - Nights.
Reporting to the Extraction Supervisor, the Extraction Technician (CO2) will be an integral part of Organigram. The successful candidate will have strong decision-making abilities, be a hardworking individual with a keen eye for details. The ideal candidate will be a resourceful and creative problem solver, will be able to work individually as well as in a team environment, has excellent organizational skills, a quick learner with an ability to consistently meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced and changing work environment.
Please note, those working night shift are also eligible for the night shift premium rate.
- Communicates effectively with leadership, completes daily objectives with strong focus on safety, quality, and efficiency;
- Complies with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's) under the Cannabis Act;
- Works safely with hazardous materials, follow safety procedures;
- Works in an industrial/production setting to extract oil from cannabis plant material;
- Operates instruments and equipment such as a Decarboxylation Oven, critical fluid Extractor, filtering equipment, Rotovaps and Distillation unit meeting safety and production requirements;
- Fills vapes cartridges and oil bottles as required by production schedule;
- Carefully formulates final goods based on calculators previously arranged by leadership;
- Collaborates to create, implement and maintain standard operating procedures;
- Continually improves extraction procedures to minimize cost and maximize output;
- Follows good production practices as required;
- Completes paperwork for lots of completed cannabis and inputs data into the proper system;
- Analyzes and solves process related problems;
- Actively works with lean manufacturing practices, executing tools like 5s and CIP's;
- Any other duties as required for the safe and efficient operations of the department/division.
- 2-3 years of experience in food manufacturing and/or in pharmaceutical manufacturing environment would be considered an asset;
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal);
- Innate leadership skills with ability to mentor other technicians;
- Good attention to detail with ability to retain focus;
- Must have reliable transportation to and from jobsite;
- Critical eye for troubleshooting defects with a commitment to quality and safety;
- Flexibility to work extended hours as required;
- Only employees in good standing will be eligible for the role;
- Ability to lift up to and including 50 lbs in varying working conditions such as/not limited to cool, high and dry temperatures/ working with Cannabis odours in the facility;
- Flexibility to work shift work as required, including an ability to work 12-hour shifts.
For more information and to apply online, please visit the Careers page of our Website at: https://www.organigram.ca/careers.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected will be contacted.
Organigram is an equal opportunity employer.