We are currently seeking candidates for the position of IT Systems Analyst.
Reporting to the Business Solutions Manager, the Systems Analyst is responsible to plan, design, develop, and launch efficient information systems and operations systems in support of core organizational functions. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve systems issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
Strategy & Planning
- Assist in the planning, design, development, of new applications and enhancements to existing applications;
- Meet with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define business requirements and systems goals, and identify and resolve business systems issues;
- Ensure compatibility and interoperability of in-house computing systems;
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Assist in the deployment of new applications and enhancements to existing applications;
- Conduct research on hardware and software products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Create system design proposals;
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions;
- Create systems models, specifications, diagrams and charts to provide direction to system programmers;
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems;
- Provide orientation and training to end users for all modified and new systems.
- Other duties as may be required.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information science, management information systems, or business administration and 10 years related work experience;
- Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products;
- Working technical knowledge of C# programming languages;
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft SQL Server;
- Extensive experience with core software applications, including ERP, data warehousing solutions, integration technologies, Microsoft 365 stack;
- Excellent understanding of the organization's goals and objectives;
- Good project management skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required;
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language;
- Highly self-motivated and directed with keen attention to detail;
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities;
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment;
- Strong customer service orientation;
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
For more information and to apply online, please visit the Careers page of our Website at: https://www.organigram.ca/careers.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected will be contacted.
Organigram is an equal opportunity employer.