Location: Health Sciences Centre
Pharmacy Program - Drug Dispensing
Temporary, Full-Time (until April 1, 2023 with the possibility of extension)
75 bi-weekly (8 hour shifts; days, evenings, weekends)
CG-29 ($25.51 - $28.33 per hour)
19 July 2022
Open until filled
Eastern Health is the largest, integrated health authority in Newfoundland and Labrador employing approximately 13,000 dedicated employees and serving a population of more than 300,000 people. The authority offers the full continuum of health and community services including public health, long-term care, community services, hospital care and unique provincial programs and services. At Eastern Health we pride ourselves on providing the highest quality care and service possible to the people in our communities, in our region, and in the province. To do that, we employ qualified, competent and caring individuals who are dedicated to their professions and to our vision of Healthy People, Healthy Communities.
The Pharmacy Technician is responsible for the technical tasks of the Pharmacy operations. These duties include dispensing pharmaceuticals, re-stocking nursing units, filling prescriptions, delivering narcotics, preparation of I.V. solutions, ordering from pharmaceutical companies, compounding, record-keeping and performing other related duties as required.
By applying for this job, you acknowledge an understanding that regular requirements and demands of this job include (but are not limited to):
- Regularly stands or walks when performing activities.
- Constantly carries medication bins weighing up to 5 lbs. unilaterally over long distances in the hospital distributing medications and lifts objects less than 10 lbs, regularly lifts stock between 10-20 lbs.
- Occasionally performs activities involving awkward or cramped positions requiring bending, stretching, and lifting objects.
- Constantly uses fine finger/precision work using hand tools, visual concentration is required to read drug orders, calculate dosages, ensure medications are dispensed properly, and to inspect and check drug amounts/preparations.
- Constantly requires a higher level of alertness and concentration where exact results and precision are required when filling, labeling, and dispensing medications.
- Constantly eye/hand coordination is required for computer work and to dispense medications.
- Works under tight time pressures with an unpredictable work pace.
- Graduation from a recognized (accredited) Pharmacy Technician Program or equivalent is required.
- Current licensure and in good standing with the Newfoundland and Labrador Pharmacy Board is required.
- Ability to be self-motivated and work both collaboratively and with a high degree of independence and initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships in an interdisciplinary environment team environment.
- Exhibited strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated strong time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated keyboarding and computer skills.
- A satisfactory record of work performance is required.
Open to external applicants.
Apply online at https://employment.easternhealth.ca
Upon successfully applying for a vacancy then you will receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive this email please contact Recruitment 777-7777 ext 5-2 immediately
To become a part of our team, please submit your resume/cover letter or application form online, clearly demonstrating how you meet the required qualifications. Include your current mailing address, day-time contact number, e-mail address, competition and employee number if applicable.
Contact Information for Recruitment Related Inquiries:
Telephone: (709) 777-7777 (5-2) or 1-800-563-3693
Email: [email protected] Applications/resumes are not accepted at this email address.
If you are no longer interested in the position, you can withdraw your application by emailing [email protected] as soon as possible.
Eastern Health is committed to inclusive and barrier-free recruitment, selection and onboarding processes. We are happy to assist applicants requesting accommodation or support during the process. Please email [email protected] or call 777-7777 press 5 then press 2 (long distance 1-800-563-3693) outlining how we can help.