Breathe BioMedical is currently recruiting for a new position, Director, Manufacturing and Operations, at its headquarters in Moncton, NB. This position has responsibility for the day-to-day manufacturing and operations of the company in support of its active clinical and product development programs aligned with product approval and commercialization in Lung Cancer screening in 2025.
If you have a passion for manufacturing and operations, experience in a leadership capacity in a medical device manufacturing and product development setting and a passion for people and patients, we want to hear from you!
The Director, Manufacturing and Operations is responsible for leading Breathe BioMedical's manufacturing and operations team and processes for the efficient and cost-effective production of the company's products.
- Fosters and develops a team that promotes efficient utilization of resources and a positive, can-do culture.
- Designs and develops manufacturing systems for Breathe BioMedical products.
- Oversees processing of breath samples to support internal research and development.
- Directs, coaches and holds team accountable in support of corporate and department goals.
- Drives operational efficiencies and on-time/on-budget execution of key projects and maintain KPIs.
- Develops and executes department budgets, plans, policies and procedures to achieve departmental business and technical strategies, goals and objectives.
- Works with R&D team to ensure production processes are aligned development goals.
- Works with the QMS lead to ensure all aspects of manufacturing and processing are held to required standards.
- Manages relationships with external shipping companies, suppliers and brokers.
- Monitors incoming sample processing demand to ensure laboratory production meets requirements.
- Identifies resource and skill gaps and recruit staff as required and effectively outsource projects as needed.
- Responsible for the forecasting and execution of small capital projects to support compliance, quality, efficiency and demand.
- Executes other duties as may be required by the Executive Team, as training and experience allow.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Electrical, Industrial or Mechanical Engineering preferred
- Advanced or additional business degree/training, MBA preferred
- 5-10 years progressively responsible experience in a similar position; related industry experience is preferred
- 5+ years effectively managing and leading teams preferred
- Project management training and certification preferred
- Operational Excellence and/or Lean training and experience preferred
Work With Us
Early disease screening has the potential to address the most significant challenge in Oncology, Neurology and other disease states: identifying disease when curative action can be effective.
Breathe BioMedical (BBM) is a development stage medical technology company. Our goal is to change the game for early disease screening through the deployment of breath analytics to detect a range of cancers and other diseases. We believe that in the future our simple breath test deployed at the point of care will be the standard of care for accessible, non-invasive disease screening. Today the company is engaged in active clinical development programs with exciting results demonstrated in lung cancer, early stage breast cancer and Covid-19 pneumonia screening.
The BBM facility is located in Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada. The facility houses BBM spectrometers (lab equipment) used for processing breath samples, alongside BBM's manufacturing facility where its breath sampler (Class I Medical Device) and spectrometers are manufactured. In 2021, BBM received ISO 13485 certification for its quality management system meeting the development and commercialization needs of the platform technology.
Our mission: To empower people with a simple breath test that provides early detection of cancer and other diseases.
Our vision: A simple, non-invasive breath screening test will identify a range of diseases early and save lives.
Our focus: To improve existing lung cancer screening programs through the commercialization of our proven lung cancer breath test.
Our Quality Statement: Our commitment to quality saves lives.
We currently hold 54 granted and pending patents along with a recently completed freedom to operate search. This rapidly expanding IP portfolio secures our technology through 2040.
Our promising initial clinical results, robust intellectual property portfolio and truly unique approach to early, non-invasive, accessible disease screening positions us ahead of our competition.