Posted 2 days ago
Competition Number: 22004811
Kent is the largest retail building supply chain in Atlantic Canada with 48 locations from Saint John, New Brunswick to Corner Brook, Newfoundland and many towns and cities in between. We owe our success to our exceptional customer service, superior selection of home building supplies, and our commitment to protecting our customers and staff by hiring and training associates dedicated to our safety values.
Our culture thrives thanks to the incredible connections we get to make in every community we are in, our focus on diversity in the workplace, our commitment to our employees through training and development programs and our focus on creating an aligned and engaged workforce across our locations.
We are currently seeking applicants for the position of a Project Manager based out of our Head Office in Saint John, NB.
Reporting to the Senior Project Manager, your duties will include:
- Managing multi-disciplinary projects from design development through tender call, and construction, to final commissioning
- Preparing tender call documents
- Monitoring construction activities to ensure quality of work and adherence to specified timelines
- Preparing cost estimates for contemplated projects or for contemplated changes to existing projects
- Reviewing invoices and progress claims and make recommendations for payments to contractors
- Introducing changes to contractors, negotiate change order prices, make recommendations for issuance of change orders
- Chair meetings with contractors and generate minutes of meetings
- Setting up and administering building maintenance contracts and preventive maintenance programs for elements such as fire alarm, fire protection, HVAC, roofs, and back-flow preventor testing for numerous buildings
- Combination of post-secondary education and 5 years minimum training and experience in the management of multi-discipline construction projects
- Ability to understand engineering and architectural design drawings
- Strong communication skills - verbal and written
- Willingness to travel
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Kent Building Supplies is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Save for Later