Why this role?
Do you enjoy engaging with people and helping them succeed?
Can you anticipate problems and proactively help people with tech matters?
Are you methodical and detail-oriented?
We are seeking a service-oriented, highly attentive, and detail-oriented IT Support to join our IT team. Our ideal candidate is self-motivated, organized, and values a rewarding career contributing to the success of a full-service law firm.
As an IT Support, you will work on maintaining and monitoring the computer systems and networks for our business. You will be tasked with solving complex technical issues and will also collaborate with team members across all departments to assist them with their technical requirements.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
As an IT support Specialist, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Accurately diagnose issues and advise internal clients with respect to hardware, software and product information;
- Determine own practices and procedures contributing to the development of new system administration concepts and system maintenance under the direction of the IT Director;
- Provide customers with excellent customer service and tech support, through phone, email, and/or live chat;
- Become familiar with all firm applications, software, and programs and be able to maximize effectiveness of applications;
- Recommend and implement improvements and provide training and support to all end users (both off-site and on-site);
- Maintenance, installation and support of user workstations and software;
- Minor maintenance of the firm's voice mail system. Issues relating to voice mail setup;
- Maintenance of computer peripherals (Printers, scanners, etc.);
- Install, implement and become familiar with any new software applications acquired by the Firm;
- Assist in the development of a long-range technological plan for the Firm;
- Interface with user groups to enhance knowledge of new trends in systems applications and participate in evaluation and selection of hardware and software systems;
- Stay current with new developments in computer hardware, systems software and particularly legal software applications;
- Adapt your approach for technical support based on the user's knowledge. That means you might be supporting someone with limited tech skills, or you might be talking to an IT administrator who is an expert in the field; and,
- Assist in determining the cause and solution to any operational or administrative problem or concern related to the Firm's computer systems.
Qualifications and Skills
To be successful, you possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Associate's or bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field;
- 2+ years of experience in a technical support role;
- Certifications are preferred, but not required;
- Superior communication skills with a demonstrated ability to work with multiple stakeholders;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to provide superior customer service including patience and understanding;
- Aptitude for critical thinking, problem solving, and making sound judgement calls;
- Proven ability to manage time and demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities in a deadline driven work environment;
- Be able to deal with changing priorities as and when they occur;
- Excellent team player who contributes positively to the team culture; and,
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and follow instructions with minimal supervision.
Why BOYNECLARKE LLP?
We are a dynamic, fast-growing full-service law firm located in downtown Dartmouth, with spectacular views of the Halifax Harbour. We understand that the success and well-being of our clients and our staff is often rooted in our shared community, which is why we are deeply invested in giving back. We strengthen and support our commitment to community through various programs and initiatives, including volunteer time programs, staff-driven initiatives, and community giving to staff-selected charities each month.
We also understand that work-life integration, health, and wellness play an important role in our team's ability to be successful and maintain a healthy working environment. Through financial literacy programs, fitness classes, wellness subsidy program, and committee-led initiatives, our colleagues thrive at BOYNECLARKE.
BOYNECLARKE offers a comprehensive compensation package which includes cost-shared benefits, RRSP matching, and paid time off such as vacation and sick time.