Posted 23 days ago
Competition Number: 22004688
At Irving Tissue, we recognize that the key to our success is our people. We are a family-owned and operated company that has grown to become one of North America's leading manufacturers of household paper products. Irving Tissue produces both branded and private label bathroom tissue, facial tissue, paper towels, and napkins. Consumers know us by our Majesta and Royale brands.
The Finance Manager will be based out of Dieppe, New Brunswick (102 Dawson Street, Dieppe, E1A 0C1) . Reporting to the Plant Manager, this position is responsible for providing advice, guidance, consultation and support for all areas of finance related to the manufacturing plant and its process. Plant costs include but are not limited to fixed, variable, and overhead. This is a permanent, full-time position. The primary language of work is English.
Are you an energetic individual with a Can-Do Attitude who is passionate about achieving results and driving improvement? At Irving Tissue, our culture inspires creativity, nurtures talent, and creates an inclusive workplace. Our employees can thrive and grow their careers across our diverse operating divisions.
- University Degree with a concentration / major in Accounting or Finance
- 3-5 years' experience in Accounting / Finance
- Professional Accounting Designation
- Experience in a Manufacturing environment would be a strong asset
- Systems aptitude and excellent PC skills are a must (JD Edwards, Sharepoint, etc.)
- Knowledge and passion for Continuous Improvement methods and tools
- Comfortable presenting up to senior level audiences
- Microsoft Office Excel skills (intermediate to expert proficiency level)
- Ability to influence without authority
- Experience in budgeting and strategy / business planning
- Ability to handle sensitive business information with confidence
- Excellent communication skills
- High attention to detail
The main duties/responsibilities of this role include:
- In conjunction with the corporate finance team, translate strategic direction into the manufacturing plant
- Supervision of a team of direct report(s)
- Lead the planning, preparation and communication of plant manufacturing, maintenance and overhead cost budgeting process
- Regularly update the plant leadership team on monthly and forecasted performance to budget and work with departments to understand and develop action plans to close any gaps
- Responsible for the preparation, interpretation and communication of monthly manufacturing accounting statements through use of manufacturing accounting systems
- Conduct feasibility studies in partnership with other departments on various capital projects to support cost reductions and plant improvements
- Work closely with the Continuous Improvement (CI) department to ensure cost savings projects are properly tracked and delivering. Provide regular update and guidance to leadership team on monthly and forecasted results of CI savings
- Responsible for communication and presentation of key plant metrics to senior leadership, plant leadership and various key stakeholders. Also responsible for preparing and presenting yearly budgets to the executive team supported by the plant manager.
What We Offer
- Irving Tissue is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to:
- A flexible medical, dental, and vision plan
- Employee & family assistance programs
- RRSP matching program
- Health & wellness reimbursements
- Product purchase program
- Opportunities to take part in job related training and development
- Growth and progression opportunities within Irving Tissue and the larger network of the J.D. Irving group of companies
- Relocation costs (if applicable)
To Apply for this Career Opportunity
Please apply online at https://careers.jdirving.com/.
For further details, please contact Recruitment at [email protected]
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
Irving Tissue is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Save for Later