Posted 23 days ago
Competition Number: 22004636
VALIDATION AND ACCEPTANCE ENGINEER, SYSTEMS ENGINEERING - CANADIAN SURFACE COMBATANT (CSC)
Located at 3099 Barrington Street in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3K 5M7, and 35 Micmac Boulevard, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3A 4Y8, Irving Shipbuilding has a proud history as Canada's shipbuilder. A proud member of the J.D. Irving, Limited group of companies, we have been building quality vessels and fabricated modules for more than 50 years, and our Halifax Shipyard has been at the forefront of Canadian shipbuilding for 130 years.
Since 2012, we have invested more than $400 million in facilities, people, processes, and technology, making Halifax Shipyard one of the most modern and capable shipyards in North America. Over the next 30 years our shipbuilders will construct 20 modern patrol ships and surface combatants for the Royal Canadian Navy as part of Canada's National Shipbuilding Strategy, the largest defence procurement in Canadian history. This year we delivered the second lead Arctic and Offshore Patrol Ship, the largest Navy ship built in Canada in 50 years and we're just getting started. The third ship will be delivered in 2022.
We are growing our team with career-defining opportunities that will revitalize Canada's shipbuilding industry and provide Canada's sailors with the ships they need to protect Canada's interests at home and abroad. Our workforce of over 2,000 will grow to more than 2,800 at peak construction of the Canadian Surface Combatants. We have built more than 80% of Canada's current combatant fleet and continue to perform maintenance and modernization work on the ships, including the Halifax-class frigates.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is seeking a Validation and Acceptance Engineer - Canadian Surface Combatant (CSC) .
This is a permanent full-time role based in Halifax Regional Municipality, Nova Scotia. The primary language of work is English. We encourage applications from qualified African Nova Scotians, racially visible persons, women (applying for non-traditional positions), persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons of the 2SLGBTQ community. ISI encourages applicants to self-identify in the cover letter/resume portion of your application. Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment where all employees feel supported and valued.
- Post-secondary education in an Engineering/Science discipline;
- A minimum of three years' experience in the following fields:
- Engineering in large and complex maritime (preferably Defence) acquisition projects involving coordination between multiple organizations;
- Experience of Systems Engineering disciplines and tools;
- Verification and Validation;
- Requirements Management;
- Excellent time management, as well as written and oral communication skills;
- Desirable experience includes:
- Use of DOORs Requirements Management application tool;
- Model Based Systems Engineering (SysML, UML);
- Modelling and Simulation;
- Understanding of ship construction;
- Experience in engineering for Naval platforms;
- Experience working in design, production and/or text on a ship construction program.
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Assist with the development of the Validation and Acceptance Plans and Processes;
- Assist with preparation of key strategy documents including the Integrated Test Evaluation and Acceptance Plan (ITEAP), Verification Cross Reference Matrix (VCRM) and Ships Master Integration Test and Evaluation Schedule (MITES);
- Assist in the management and governance of Assurance and Acceptance activities;
- Support the development of CSC Test documentation;
- Develop the CSC tests, trials, and assessment procedures/processes necessary to verify the CSC Requirements;
- Capture, evaluate, and link the objective evidence to ensure that specific requirements have been fulfilled;
- Assist with analysis of the CSC Functional, Logical and Physical Architecture(s);
- Work with the Model Based Systems Engineering approach, processes, and tools;
- Provide accurate status reports on assigned activities to the V&A Team Lead;
- Establish and maintain a strong working relationship with internal (Shipyard Production, CSC Program personnel) and external stakeholders (subcontractors and Canadian government representatives);
- Support a culture of teamwork, enthusiasm, and proactive behavior within the Systems Engineering team and be a role model for professional behavior.
What We Offer:
Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to:
- A flexible medical, dental, and vision plan;
- Employee & Family Assistance Programs;
- RRSP matching program;
- Health & Wellness reimbursements;
- Opportunities to take part in job related training and development;
- Growth and progression opportunities within Irving Shipbuilding and the larger network of the JD Irving group of companies;
- Relocation costs (if applicable).
Please be advised that some positions within our business have been designated as 'Safety Sensitive' where the employee holding the position has a heightened responsibility for his/her own safety or the safety of others due to the nature of the job. If this is the case, you will be informed in the interview process.
For further details, please contact Talent Acquisition at [email protected]vingshipbuilding.com.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however; only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Save for Later