Posted 9 days ago
Competition Number: 22004532
Cavendish Farms is a leading producer of frozen food products for retail and foodservice markets throughout Canada, the United States, and around the world. We have state-of-the-art potato processing plants in Prince Edward Island, Lethbridge, Alberta, and Jamestown, North Dakota, and an appetizer plant in Wheatley, Ontario. Our Head office is in Dieppe, New Brunswick and has sales office locations in Toronto, Montreal, and Boston.
We are currently seeking a Classified Electrician in the Skilled Trades Department.
- Education Required:
- Valid electrician license in Ontario (442A and/or 309A)
- Valid 'Industrial' and/or 'Construction & Maintenance' Certificate of Qualification
- Years of Experience Required: 2-5 years of experience in the electrical field, in order to qualify for this position
- Experience with Motor Control, PLC and Electronics in a factory setting required
- Preference will be given to the individual with strong PLC programming and trouble shooting skills (AB/Siemens/Modicon/HMI); all applicants will be required to pass a job related skills test
- Ability to use a multimeter to troubleshoot basic circuits
- Knowledge of programmable logic controllers (PLC) including installation and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of electrical systems and basic theory
- Must be capable of completing electrical repairs safely
- Must understand and follow the lock-out/tag-out procedures
- Ability to assemble/disassemble equipment with or without schematics or logic ladder
- Ability to interpret blueprints and concept sketches and ability to work off such documents
- Ability to do some bending, lifting, climb stairs and ladders
- Ability to work with a minimum supervision
- Ability to change electric motors and switches as required
- Ability to read and write in the English Language
- Willing and able to work in various work environments i.e. heat, cold, wet, etc.
- Ability to work all rotation shifts, weekends and overtime as required
- This person will assist in various areas of the Skilled Trades Department, for temporary periods, in the following types of assignments:
- Analyze, inspect, repair, troubleshoot, advise and maintain electrical systems throughout Cavendish Farms facility including all production and facility equipment
- Interface with production personnel and technical staff within maintenance and suppliers
- Installations of other electrical/electronic-related functions, and other duties as assigned
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online by _____.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Cavendish Farms Corporation is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Save for Later