Posted 9 days ago
Competition Number: 22004513
MANAGER, TALENT MANAGEMENT
Located at 3099 Barrington Street in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3K 5M7, and 35 Micmac Boulevard, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3A 4Y8, Irving Shipbuilding has a proud history as Canada's shipbuilder. A proud member of the J.D. Irving, Limited group of companies, we have been building quality vessels and fabricated modules for more than 50 years, and our Halifax Shipyard has been at the forefront of Canadian shipbuilding for 130 years.
Since 2012, we have invested more than $400 million in facilities, people, processes, and technology, making Halifax Shipyard one of the most modern and capable shipyards in North America. Over the next 30 years our shipbuilders will construct 20 modern patrol ships and surface combatants for the Royal Canadian Navy as part of Canada's National Shipbuilding Strategy, the largest defence procurement in Canadian history. This year we delivered the second lead Arctic and Offshore Patrol Ship, the largest Navy ship built in Canada in 50 years and we're just getting started. The third ship will be delivered in 2022.
We are growing our team with career-defining opportunities that will revitalize Canada's shipbuilding industry and provide Canada's sailors with the ships they need to protect Canada's interests at home and abroad. Our workforce of over 2,000 will grow to more than 2,800 at peak construction of the Canadian Surface Combatants. We have built more than 80% of Canada's current combatant fleet and continue to perform maintenance and modernization work on the ships, including the Halifax-class frigates.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is seeking a Manager, Talent Management.
This is a permanent full-time role based in Halifax Regional Municipality, Nova Scotia. The primary language of work is English. We encourage applications from qualified African Nova Scotians, racially visible persons, women (applying for non-traditional positions), persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons of the 2SLGBTQ community. ISI encourages applicants to self-identify in the cover letter/resume portion of your application. Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment where all employees feel supported and valued.
The Manager, Talent Management will champion the organization's efforts to attract, develop, and retain the best employees as well as focus on building our future through our talent. This role will focus on the implementation of programs that aim to attract, measure, develop and manage Irving Shipbuilding's high potential talent pool as well as ensuring the organization's talent strategies are effective and aligned with organizational goals. The Manager, Talent Management will work closely with the organization's leaders to create strategic solutions for improving skills across the organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, Organizational Development, Adult Education, or related field;
- 7-10 years of progressive experience in Human Resources, with dedicated; experience supporting talent management strategies;
- A professional Human Resources designation;
- Previous experience in designing, implementing and managing business-focused talent development and succession programs;
- Solid interpersonal skills, including the ability to build strong relationships with business leaders and colleagues alike as well as the ability to facilitate alignment between multiple stakeholders across various levels of the organization;
- A strong client focus, with demonstrated business acumen and an understanding of how to move; programs forward in large, complex organizations
- Excellent time management skills and comfort working in an environment with multiple competing priorities;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and SharePoint; experience with other LMS or cloud-based systems will be an asset;
- Knowledge of Change Management processes, methods, and tools, and project experience is considered an asset.
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Partner with the business to ensure the successful creation and execution of Talent Management Strategies aligned to the organization's strategic goals;
- Develop, benchmark, and implement a robust strategic Talent Management Roadmap encompassing the three pillars of talent pipeline, employee development and succession planning;
- Ensure alignment with the JDI Talent Centre of Excellence;
- Lead the organizational Talent Review process to identify high potential talent;
- Maintain a succession plan that identifies Key Leadership and Critical Roles and potential incumbents at all levels and implement required actions for training/development and external hiring as necessary;
- Support the development of current and future Leaders and High Potential Talent through a variety of targeted development plans and programs;
- Identifies and provides recommendations for talent management process and program improvements;
- Produce regular metrics on Talent Management Roadmap to demonstrate effectiveness;
- Ensure effectiveness and awareness of programs used to support employee career and leadership development;
- Collaborate with the stakeholders at varying levels of seniority to understand objectives/strategies and desired results from learning opportunities;
- Collaborates with subject-matter experts within the organization as well as vendors to manage organizational development, as well as learning & development initiatives aligned to the organization's needs;
- Provide leadership to the management team while helping to build and develop capabilities;
- Working closely with internal stakeholders to ensure high potential is being hired and promoted.
What We Offer:
Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to:
- A flexible medical, dental, and vision plan;
- Employee & Family Assistance Programs;
- RRSP matching program;
- Health & Wellness reimbursements;
- Opportunities to take part in job related training and development;
- Growth and progression opportunities within Irving Shipbuilding and the larger network of the JD Irving group of companies;
- Relocation costs (if applicable).
Please be advised that some positions within our business have been designated as 'Safety Sensitive' where the employee holding the position has a heightened responsibility for his/her own safety or the safety of others due to the nature of the job. If this is the case, you will be informed in the interview process.
For further details, please contact Talent Acquisition at [email protected] .
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however; only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Save for Later