Posted 10 days ago
Competition Number: 22004483
We are looking for a Business Analyst to join our Irving Forest Services team, based in Saint John, New Brunswick.
We are seeking an individual interested in developing their skills working with databases and creating dashboards. As a Business Analyst, you will contribute to the building of the Pulp and Paper Division's analytical reporting platform in Tableau / Alteryx / SQL Databases, as well as work closely in the integration between our various platforms and data sources. The work environment includes operational controls, process data, and financial data.
Who We Are:
Our team operates within highly technical, fast paced, competitive businesses and is part of an integrated forest products value chain under J.D. Irving, Limited (JDI). Our goal is to play an integrated role in sustainably transforming our renewable forest resources into value-added products for today's consumer markets.
We are not just invested in forest products; we are invested in people. We know that our overall success is a combined effort, and we therefore strive to provide opportunities for our employees to learn, grow, and thrive. Being curious and focused on innovation is key to leading a successful team. True leaders never stop learning and are never satisfied with the status quo.
We operate four Pulp and Paper Mills out of Saint John and St. George New Brunswick that produce 1 Million Tonnes of Product and employ over 1000 employees.
- Competitive pay, benefits package, RRSP contributions, Quarterly bonus
- Strong commitment to safety
- Opportunity to work with leading edge technology, processes and equipment
- Opportunity to be part of a world class analytical platform
- Multiple career development opportunities
- Dynamic work environment
- Ongoing Professional Development
- A degree or diploma in Business Information Systems, Computer Science or Business Administration
- Highly organized, pays close attention to detail, and a problem solver
- Experience with Tableau, Alteryx and Power BI is an asset
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel, specifically Pivot Tables is an asset
- Good understanding of conceptual, logical, physical data modeling concepts
- Driven self-starter who is flexible and adaptable to changes in assignments and priorities
- Creative thinker that knows how to transform data into visual displays that are meaningful to the business
- Shows curiosity when dealing with datasets and problems
- Strong verbal, presentation, and written communication skills
- Data driven decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Gather and analyze business requirements and user specifications
- Extract and assemble data from various sources (time series data, flat files, relational databases and data warehouses) and design queries to bring this data into Tableau visualizations and Alteryx workflows
- Flexible in working with ad hoc requests, projects, and other activities as required
- Contribute to and help define team best practices around report development, testing, access management, and report refresh scheduling
- Provide technical assistance to users and monitor performance of BI system
- Use statistical tools to interpret data sets, paying particular attention to trends and patterns that could be valuable for diagnostic and predictive analytics efforts
- Assist in data governance task, and documentation for data cataloging
Founded in 1882, J.D. Irving, Limited (JDI) has operations in Eastern Canada (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Ontario, Newfoundland and Labrador), and the United States. We are a team of 18,000 dedicated employees.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Forest Services Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Save for Later