TRUCK & TRANSPORT APPRENTICE
Universal Truck and Trailer is Atlantic Canada's largest Heavy Duty Truck and Trailer dealership featuring the most up-to-date dealer service bays in Southern New Brunswick. We are an authorized sales, service, parts & warranty dealership for premium products including Freightliner and Western Star. In addition, we service all makes and models for class 6, 7 and 8 vehicles, including luxury class RV's.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated individuals to join our team as a Truck and Transport Apprentice.
- Trade program or relevant experience
- 2-4 years of experience would be an asset
- Experience working in a Truck Shop would be considered an asset
- Preventative maintenance
- Pre delivery Inspections are conducted after delivery from the factory and before the end customer receives the truck.
- Basics inspection in wheel removal, brakes, seals, gaskets, and wheel bearings.
- Minor repairs including Brakes maxi, air lines, air tanks etc.
- Completing repairs including wheel removal, brakes, seals, gaskets, and wheel bearings
- Repairs include Driveline component fluid flush, grease, and inspection.
- Adjusting, diagnosing, and rebuilding fifth wheels.
- Diagnostic, clutch adjustments, Transmission removal, Input shaft replacement and PTO work.
- Checking for engine leaks, Minor repairs and after treatment component replacement.
- Any engine, electrical and ABS diagnosis.
- Basic knowledge of the different aftertreatment systems.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Wages
- Quarterly bonus
- Flexible work schedule
- Registered retirement savings plan with company match
- Health, dental, vision and prescription benefits
- Life insurance
- Disability benefits
- Maternity leave top up program
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick time
- Night shift premium available
- S aturday shift premium available
- Fitness reimbursement program
- Paid training
- Clothing and boot allowance program
- Tool allowance program
- Employee recognition program
- Company discounts
- Organized work environment with modern facility and equipment
- Excellent training programs and growth opportunities
To Apply for this Career Opportunity please submit an online application or contact our HR Representative on 506 271 0398.
We appreciate your interest in our company, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
Universal Sales Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.