AV Group NB Inc. is an exciting and innovative company operating in the unique global market of viscose fibre and NBSK pulp. AV Group owns and operates three pulp mills in Canada. The two New Brunswick mills produce specialty pulp products (dissolving grade pulp) for the group's textile industry. The mill in Ontario produces high-grade NBSK pulp.
Aditya Birla Group is a US $44.3 billion corporation; anchored by an extraordinary force of over 120,000 employees belonging to 42 nationalities, operating in 34 countries. Aditya Birla was ranked fourth globally and first in the Asia-Pacific region, in the "top companies for leaders" study. It is also ranked first in the production of viscose staple fibre textiles worldwide.
AV Group NB Inc. is currently recruiting for the following which is an "Operating Mechanic" position in Mechanical Maintenance: Refrigeration & Air Conditioning.
Reporting to a Maintenance Supervisor and ultimately, the Mechanical Superintendent, the successful candidate will work within a crew to execute daily maintenance activities and/or capital and major maintenance projects internal to the Nackawic Mill.
· Attend pre- and post-shift crew meetings with Supervisor daily
· Execute scheduled maintenance daily addressing break-ins as required
· Work closely with Supervisors & Operations groups to support day to day operations
· Complete Preventative maintenance checks and work orders as assigned
· Work on capital and/or major maintenance projects if so assigned
· Recommend improvements to procedures, practices & plans, as part of continuous improvement
· Respond to Call Ins and work overtime as required
· Work at heights and in confined spaces
· Hold a valid journeyman trade certificate with Refrigeration & Air Conditioning qualifications
· Insulation & sheet metal fabrication training & certification will be considered assets;
· Familiarization with Computerized Maintenance Management Software (CMMS) and Essential Care/Condition Monitoring (ECCM) systems, too, will be considered an asset;
· Ability to adapt to various work assignments on a broad range of equipment & systems;
· Successful candidate must be committed to continuous improvement.
· Candidate must be able to work safely and promote safety in the workplace
· Able to adapt to various work assignments
· Ability to work as a team player with a positive attitude and strong communication skills
· Employees must be prepared to continue training and participate in the employer's training program
Why AV Group NB Inc.?
With AV Group NB Inc. you will become a part of a worldwide global company that understands the value of their employees. You will be part of a team that is built on strong values and work ethics. AV Group offers challenges in a wide range of disciplines and opportunities for professional growth, a competitive salary, competitive benefits package and a variety of training & development programs to help you develop the skills you need to build a successful career.
If you believe you are a good fit for a fast-paced, challenging work environment, please submit your application by applying online at https://av-group.ca/job-listings/
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Hourly