COMPETITION #: 2022-61983 External
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
ZONE: Saint John
DEPARTMENT: SJHO Day Surgery
FACILITY: St. Joseph's Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Casual
JOB TITLE: PCA2
CLASSIFICATION: Patient Care Attendant 2 (3025)
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Casual - Day; Evening; Rotating; Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $22.0232 to $23.6473 per hour (Subject to Employment Status may be paid at 8% in lieu of vacation and stat holidays as per CUPE collective agreement article 6.08 (a))
The Patient Care Attendant 2 is responsible for assisting with the delivery of patient care
- High school graduation plus a patient care program/course of at least six months duration or equivalent.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English is required.
The Patient Care Attendant 2 is responsible for:
- Assisting with feeding, bathing, and dressing
- Assisting with mobilizing, positioning and transferring patients
- Assisting with walking and other range of motion exercises
- Assisting other health care providers with procedures
- Setting up equipment and supplies for procedures
- Performing delegated patient care tasks
- Portering patients or transporting items
Employees are responsible to be aware of and understand Horizon's Terms of Employment: http://skyline/EmploymentBenefits/Pages/Terms-of-your-Employment-.aspx
Competencies identified by Horizon Health Network:
- Decision Making
- Interpersonal Relations
- Patient/Client Focus
- Planning and Prioritizing Work
- Results Orientation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by June 29, 2022.
Horizon is committed to enhancing our diverse and inclusive environment for our employees and patients. We believe in a healthcare system that equally supports all people regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, social background, religion, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or sexual orientation. An environment based on a commitment to diversity and inclusion supports our goal of safe and quality patient care.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Should testing be required to demonstrate language proficiency, the official results will be shared with the candidate, Human Resources and the requesting manager electronically and will be placed on the personnel file for Horizon hiring purposes.
Please quote Competition # 2022-61983 -External . Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.