AlterBiota applies cutting edge nanomaterials, big data and digital technology to decarbonize the concrete industry while improving costs, performance and quality for our customers. We are a fast growing, cleantech company that is deeply committed to circular, net zero production of our products while remaining anchored in practical, value-driven solutions for industry.
We are seeking a highly motivated and creative Civil Engineer to join our growing team as a full time, permanent team member. This is a unique opportunity to meaningfully impact the early success of the company and contribute to the advancement of our transformational hydrous Bio-Graphene Oxide admixture and DIGITAL AGGREGATE products.
The ideal candidate will enjoy working independently with a strong sense of purpose and responsibility. As you will be advancing new technology, there is no playbook; critical thinking and practical problem-solving skills are essential. You will be working shoulder to shoulder with your colleagues in a hands-on, innovation driven environment to develop, test and deploy new technologies to market.
- Plan, manage and evaluate concrete product development and deployment activities, including pilot projects with industry partners.
- Develop and implement projects with partners, including establishing key customer value propositions, performance metrics, revenue models, "go-to-market" and pricing strategies.
- Participate directly in the design, development and piloting of new products and services.
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Some experience working with aggregate and concrete products
- Concrete QV/QA and project management experience will be considered an asset
- Data analysis (at minimum Excel, ideally MATLAB, Python, SQL)
- Proven capabilities in writing reports and other technical documents
- Ability to work independently with accuracy and urgency
- Articulate and capable of conveying the ?lter?iota mission to a variety of audiences
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships in a collaborative team environment
- Demonstrated English communication skills, both oral and written
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Familiarity working with computer vision and machine learning concepts
- Sound competence with field testing and instrumentation
Work With Us
We offer a competitive salary, ESOP, and health benefits.
We strive to be an organization of inclusion and diversity. Please feel free to indicate in your cover letter if you belong or self-identify in one of the underrepresented groups: Indigenous persons, racially visible persons, persons with a disability, women, and persons of a minority sexual orientation and/or gender identity.
Submit a combined PDF document of your resume, highlighting your relevant experience with a cover letter outlining why you are ready to join our team.
All applications will be reviewed, although only those selected for an interview will be contacted.