Posted 29 days ago This job may expire soon!
Competition Number: 22004192
INFORMATION SECURITY SPECIALIST - FOREIGN MILITARY SALES
Located at 3099 Barrington Street in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3K 5M7, and 35 Micmac Boulevard, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3A 4Y8, Irving Shipbuilding has a proud history as Canada's shipbuilder. A proud member of the J.D. Irving, Limited group of companies, we have been building quality vessels and fabricated modules for more than 50 years, and our Halifax Shipyard has been at the forefront of Canadian shipbuilding for 130 years.
Since 2012, we have invested more than $400 million in facilities, people, processes, and technology, making Halifax Shipyard one of the most modern and capable shipyards in North America. Over the next 30 years our shipbuilders will construct 20 modern patrol ships and surface combatants for the Royal Canadian Navy as part of Canada's National Shipbuilding Strategy, the largest defence procurement in Canadian history. This year we delivered the second lead Arctic and Offshore Patrol Ship, the largest Navy ship built in Canada in 50 years and we're just getting started. The third ship will be delivered in 2022.
We are growing our team with career-defining opportunities that will revitalize Canada's shipbuilding industry and provide Canada's sailors with the ships they need to protect Canada's interests at home and abroad. Our workforce of over 2,000 will grow to more than 2,800 at peak construction of the Canadian Surface Combatants. We have built more than 80% of Canada's current combatant fleet and continue to perform maintenance and modernization work on the ships, including the Halifax-class frigates.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is seeking an Information Security Assistant - Foreign Military Sales.
This is a permanent full-time role based in Halifax Regional Municipality, Nova Scotia. The primary language of work is English. We encourage applications from qualified African Nova Scotians, racially visible persons, women (applying for non-traditional positions), persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons of the 2SLGBTQ community. ISI encourages applicants to self-identify in the cover letter/resume portion of your application. Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment where all employees feel supported and valued.
- Completion of program from recognized Post secondary education in Paralegal or Administrative field would be considered an asset;
- Paralegal or administrative experience an asset;
- Experienced in technical writing considered an asset;
- Previous experience on the Canadian Surface Combatant project an asset;
- Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to engage with all levels of Project Team, management, and executives;
- Must be proficient in prioritizing workloads and multi-tasking to ensure deadlines are achieved;
- Proficient Knowledge with the following Programs is a requirement:
- MS Excel;
- MS Word;
- MS PowerPoint;
- MS Outlook;
- SharePoint / PTC Windchill;
- Adobe Acrobat.
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Reporting to the Manager, Information Security (INFOSEC) Defence Trade Compliance (DTC), this position would have the primary responsibility of managing transactional activities between the Government of Canada, ISI, and direct subcontractors to receive and share Foreign Military Sales (FMS) data in support of the Canadian Surface Combatant (CSC) Project. Specific responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Act as a primary point of contact for the CSC Project Team for FMS case data under the direction of the DTC Export Compliance Lead;
- Responsible for cross-functional FMS information sharing processes across Defence Trade Compliance, Configuration and Information Management and Integrated Data Environment Teams;
- Enhance FMS processes, procedures, training, and controls as the CSC FMS Program evolves;
- Assess existing, and enhance future, system controls to ensure FMS data is appropriately safeguarded and controlled in accordance with all regulatory/ compliance, and contractual requirements;
- Liaise with Legal to draft, review, and finalize end user agreements under the oversight of the DTC Export Compliance Team Lead;
- Liaise with subcontractors and customer as required.
What We Offer:
Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to:
- A flexible medical, dental, and vision plan;
- Employee & Family Assistance Programs;
- RRSP matching program;
- Health & Wellness reimbursements;
- Opportunities to take part in job related training and development;
- Growth and progression opportunities within Irving Shipbuilding and the larger network of the JD Irving group of companies;
- Relocation costs (if applicable).
Please be advised that some positions within our business have been designated as 'Safety Sensitive' where the employee holding the position has a heightened responsibility for his/her own safety or the safety of others due to the nature of the job. If this is the case, you will be informed in the interview process.
For further details, please contact Talent Acquisition at [email protected].
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however; only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Save for Later