Office Location Saint John, NB
Req # 7827
Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone's friendly and helps each other out? That's like Grant Thornton. Except here we're all professionals and there isn't a mayor or a general store. What we're trying to say is that we're a large and growing professional services firm that still feels like a community. We employ over 2500 people across Canada, and we truly care about our colleagues, our clients and the communities where we work and live. That's what's most important to us. We're building a thriving organization that's purpose driven and still want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is.
As an Administrator, Client Services [Bilingual] your responsibilities will include:
• Collaborating with debtors and creditors by answering and returning telephone calls
• Responding to emails & faxes from creditors, colleagues, debtors
• Daily reviewing of new files, 28 day review and 45 day review
• Checking proof of claims from creditors
• Responsible for coordinating all logistics for creditor meetings
• Communicating between debtors and creditors as required via phone or email
• E-filing documents to our regulating body the OSB
• Proposal withdrawls/revivals and court revivals
• In charge of reviewing annulments
• Preparation of documents used for court purposes
• Working collaboratively with different departments and colleagues across Canada
• Knowledge of statutory requirements for Bankruptcy and Insolvency
• Coaching and training junior colleagues
• Full administration of files for example-changing payments, updating addresses etc.
Be Grant Thornton
If you're a bit like us, you're driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts "we before me", where flexAbility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues to have your back. At Grant Thornton, you'll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that's when the magic happens!
Want to learn more about who we are and how we live our purple every day? Read our colleagues' stories at www.discoveryourpurple.ca
Think you've got what it takes to be an Administrator, Client Services [Bilingual]? Like the colour purple? Great. Here's a few more boxes we're also hoping you can tick:
• 1+ years' experience in an administrative support role
• Bilingual English/French communication skills (verbal and written) are required
• Desire to learn and grow, and being an integral part of a high performing team
• Ability to be an articulate and versatile communicator, both written and verbal
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to execute on deliverables in a face paced and deadline driven environment
• Basic understanding of statutory requirements for bankruptcy and Insolvency would be an asset
• Proficient Computer/Keyboarding skills
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel
• Ability to learn various supporting computer programs and/or applications
At Grant Thornton we're focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That's our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?
Grant Thornton LLP is committed to employment equity, human rights and respectful workplace principles throughout the life cycle of employment, including at the recruitment and hiring stages. We welcome applications from members of all equity deserving groups, including persons with disabilities, women, racialized and/or Indigenous applicants. Should you require accommodation in relation to the recruitment process, please notify us by emailing [email protected] and we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs.