Posted 25 days ago This job may expire soon!
Competition Number: 22004051
Midland Transport Limited has become a leader in the transportation industry by providing superior quality service to our customers. Our services include LTL, T/L, and Courier Services and provide the convenience of one-stop shipping.
Midland Transport is currently seeking a Dock Manager reporting to the Terminal Manager at the Brampton Terminal. The selected candidate will be a self-starter with a strong work ethic and a "Can Do" attitude.
The Successful Candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- 5 years of Cross Dock Transportation experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of Management and or Supervision Experience required.
- Trained and Familiar with Terminal Equipment and Dangerous Goods.
- Strong Attention to Detail.
- Communication, Organizational, and Time Management Skills
- Familiarity with all Microsoft Office Applications
- Secondary Education is an asset but not required
- Responsible for 24 Hour Dock Operation, Successful candidate must be flexible with their work hours to accommodate all shifts. The primary shift will be afternoons.
- Responsible for the management of an efficient and effective freight handler schedule. This includes proper staffing levels and proper coverage through vacation and peak times.
- Responsible for the outbound load factor to all lanes serviced
- Ensure all loads are ready on or before scheduled departure times. Follow up with local and central dispatch with the required information to ensure on-time goals.
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding shipment re-weigh and cubing goals.
- Responsible for service goals inbound and outbound.
- Complete monthly safety talks with freight handlers in a timely and knowledgeable manner.
- Responsible for upholding and enforcing all company policies pertaining to functional handling activities and employee rules and guidelines.
- Responsible for all operational KPIs about the dock operation. This includes but is not limited to labour cost, productivity, claims, close times of loads, safety, and equipment utilization.
- Responsible for maturation of Daily Management program amongst Dock Operation staff.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Midland Transport Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Save for Later