Posted 11 days ago
Competition Number: 22003885
Busniess Data Analyst - Head Office
Kent is the largest retail building supply chain in Atlantic Canada with 48 locations from Saint John, New Brunswick to Corner Brook, Newfoundland and many towns and cities in between. We owe our success to our exceptional customer service, superior selection of home building supplies, and our commitment to protecting our customers and staff by hiring and training associates dedicated to our safety values. Our culture thrives thanks to the incredible connections we get to make in every community we are in, our focus on diversity in the workplace, our commitment to our employees through training and development programs and our focus on creating an aligned and engaged workforce across our locations.
The Analyst for Head Office will be a collaborative member of the Kent Building Supplies Head Office management team who creates value out of data by generating insights that enable us to strengthen our performance across all departments. They will use visualization to enhance reporting and monitor data quality.
Reports to: Manager of Data Analytics
- Use deep dives and advanced analytics to optimize operations, increase revenue generation, and enhance customer experience
- Identify opportunities for improved data collection, processing, cleaning, and verification to ensure integrity of data used for analysis
- Work with business leaders and cross functional groups throughout the organization to identify opportunities to leverage company data to drive business solutions.
- Create, validate, and maintain reports and dashboards using various visualization tools
- Identify gaps and extend company's data with third party sources of information when needed
- Deploy and manage analytical models to monitor performance and maintain accuracy of results.
- Automate reports and dashboards to improve efficiency and accuracy of data visualizations where appropriate
- Hands on experience in data analytics tools and languages like SQL, Python, Alteryx
- Prior experience working with multiple both in-prem and cloud-based data sources, relational databases
- Business acumen, critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- High proficiency in applied statistics such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- High Proficiency in creating meaningful data visualizations using Tableau, and PowerBI
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills to present information to both technical and non-technical shareholders.
- Experience in retail, both store and ecommerce within Marketing or operations
- Experience developing and deploying predictive models with AzureML etc.
- Understanding of data governance and management concepts
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Engineering, or an applied science
- 3 or more years' experience in developing value-added machine learning models that optimize operations, reduce risk, and or prescribe outcomes
- Proactive, resourceful problem solver
- Quick learner with a passion for learning new technologies and techniques
- Shares knowledge and expertise and works collaboratively as part of a team
- Delivers with a focus on quality and an exceptional experience for customers/end users
- Results driven
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
- Accountability and self-management
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
Kent Building Supplies is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Save for Later