AV Group is part of t he Aditya Birla Group (ABG), a 55 billion $US corporation in the League of Fortune 500 companies. With operations in 36 countries, the Group is anchored by an extraordinary force of over 136,000 employees, belonging to 42 different nationalities. Over 60 per cent of its revenues flow from its overseas operations. As a member of The Aditya Birla Group based in India, our mandate is to produce specialty pulp products to service the textile industry.
AV Group NB Inc. Nackawic Mill is currently recruiting for the following: Human Resources Manager to work in our Human Resources Department.
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for the overall operations of the HR Department by leading a team of HR Professionals who provide employee/industrial relations governance and administration,talent acquisition, development, and retention services in support of company goals and objectives. This will be accomplished by conducting short and long-term planning efforts, and overseeing the development and implementation of company policies and procedures. The HR Manager will have a strong predisposition towards the development of leading indicators and metrics, and the use of HR analytics. The ideal candidate is an experienced builder who energizing the team and is not afraid to innovate based on past experiences and world class best practices in the field today.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Prepare and Maintain the HR Department and Training Budgets;
- Lead and drive the overall HR Function, of the Unit;
- Manage the end-to-end recruitment & selection process for the Unit;
- Plan and implement talent management and organizational development initiatives in partnership with Group;
- Oversee and coordinates Performance Management Systems;
- Oversee the AVGN Learning systems, training metrics and reporting;
- Create and maintain HR Policy and Procedures for the Unit which align with the Aditya Birla Group;
- Design, implement and manage organizational effectiveness initiatives that support the longer term strategic needs of the Unit.
- Ensure effective employee relations with both union and non-union employees. Interpret and administer Collective Agreements and be responsible for negotiation of collective agreement;
- Leadership of grievance handling and mediation including primary responsibility for industrial relations;
- Manage the annual performance evaluation process for the unit;
- Manage employee benefits.
- Plan and implement employee engagement activities;
- Displaying and encouraging the company's culture, values and goals;
- Ensure direct reports demonstrate effectiveness in their roles and are provided developmental opportunities;
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Labour Relations, or equivalent.
- 7 - 9 years' experience in Human Resources.
- CHRP designation considered an asset.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in a unionized environment is a must.
- Proficient in MS Office and Outlook.
- Knowledgeable of Hay classification and pay policy.
- Bilingualism an asset
Why AV Group NB Inc.?
With AV Group NB Inc., you will become a part of a worldwide global company that understands the value of their employees. You will be part of a team that is built on strong values and work ethics. AV Group offers challenges in a wide range of disciplines and opportunities for professional growth, a competitive salary, competitive benefits package and a variety of training & development programs to help you develop the skills you need to build a successful career.
If you believe you are a good fit for a fast-paced, challenging work environment, please submit your application by applying online at https://av-group.ca/job-listings/ .
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Salary