Posted 14 days ago
Competition Number: 22003835
FINANCE TRANSFORMATION LEAD
The Construction and Equipment Division, a part of the J.D. Irving, Limited's group of companies, is a key player in the North American construction industry. With five operating units within the division, the group provides heavy equipment and crane services, civil construction, modular home and commercial buildings, wallboard manufacturing, and steel and fabrication services to its customers.
We have an exciting opportunity working with our Construction & Equipment Divisional Finance team, working as a Finance Transformation Lead.
The Finance Transformation Lead will work with the Construction & Equipment Divisional Finance team to scope solutions and strategies on finance business transformation. This position will also be responsible for the successful implementation and go-live of any key business transformational process and system changes. This role will also hold key responsibilities to drive through efficiencies, process improvement and implementation of systems-based approaches to work.
This position guides and drives forward key projects to deliver a best-in-class Finance and Accounting functions across the Construction & Equipment Division.
What You Will Do
- Develops financial transformation plan, including developing reporting processes and financial operating model with the intention of optimizing our efficiencies
- Diagnose and identify root causes for sub-optimal work processes
- Manage projects to improve or redesign finance by leveraging digital technologies, modern operating models, and new ways of working
- Develops and implements key process framework to deliver overall efficiency improvement
- Provide leadership, direction, and guidance to senior and middle management level client stakeholders on their Finance transformation efforts
- Demonstrates a continuous improvement mindset to support a world-class finance and accounting practices, acting as a project sponsor when required
What You Bring to the Role
- A seasoned professional with 5 years of relevant experience in financial management or back-office finance processes.
- A Chartered Professional Accountant, or have a relevant degree and possess deep experience in the operations of a finance function
- Knowledgeable of the key technologies and systems involved in finance including data platforms/warehouses, analytics tools, EPM tools, actuarial tools, and other applicable systems
- A self-starting, pro-active team player that is experienced in working in dynamic environments and within a multi-disciplinary team
- A problem-solver, with strong analytical skills and the ability to identify and define problems and develop creative solutions to address business requirements clearly and articulately
- A strong communicator, both written and verbal, with the ability to communicate with client stakeholders, work closely in a collaborative team environment and lead teams and project deliverables
- Able to create and deliver engaging presentations to senior leaders and business managers.
- A strong people manager, able to lead project teams and influence change
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online!
We appreciate your interest in our company. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
The Construction & Equipment Division is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Save for Later