Competition Number: 22003784
PROJECT SALES- SALES ASSOCIATE
Kent is the largest retail building supply chain in Atlantic Canada. Our mission is to be the best source of home improvement products through superior service, quality products and everyday great prices. We protect our customers and staff by hiring and training associates committed to our safety values.
We employ over 3700 people and work hard to increase our market share through strategic investment in training and technology. In addition to our retail stores, we operate truss manufacturing facilities and a wholesale drywall company. Member of the Independent Lumber Dealers Co-operative ensures our great product selection and pricing.
Project Center Sales Representatives are professional salespeople working on a base salary and an uncapped commission. They partner with customers to fully understand their needs and assist in planning construction and renovation projects. As knowledgeable sales professionals, project sales representatives can make recommendations which solve customers' problems. It is fast-paced and engaging work, and it is extremely rewarding when customers give you with the sale because of your hard work.
Typical career next steps: more senior sales roles such as contractor, install, commercial or institutional sales.
- Demonstrates high standards of safety and customer service
- Recommend, select, answer questions, and help locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs and desires.
- Produces quotes, material lists and follows up
- Maintain knowledge of current sales and promotions
- Achieve weekly, monthly and annual sales targets
- Continually learns about products and market conditions
Successful candidates are:
- Independent, Creative thinkers, problem solvers who can think about an entire problem and solution rather than a single item at a time
- Confident, persuasive, energetic and self-motivated
- Able to observe, listen and gather information to better sell to consumers' needs
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to use various software (Microsoft)
- Able to plan and prioritize work in an organized manner while in a fast-paced work environment - follow up is key
Save for Later