AV Group NB Inc. is an exciting and innovative company operating in the unique global market of viscose fibre. Located in Nackawic, New Brunswick, our pulp mill finds itself in a picturesque area of the Saint John River, a short drive between Fredericton and Woodstock. As part of the Aditya Birla Group, our role is to produce specialty pulp products (dissolving grade pulp) for the group's textile industry. The Nackawic Mill has an annual production of 175,000 tons; an onsite integrated Chemical Plant and Chip Plant.
Aditya Birla Group is a US $44.3 billion corporation; anchored by an extraordinary force of over 120,000 employees belonging to 42 nationalities, operating in 34 countries. Aditya Birla was ranked fourth globally and first in the Asia-Pacific region, in the "top companies for leaders" study. It is also ranked first in the production of viscose staple fibre textiles worldwide.
AV Group NB Inc. Nackawic Mill is currently recruiting for an E&I Supervisor
Reporting to the E&I Superintendent, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing E&I support services to the operating department. Directing and coordinating the activities of E&I trades to ensure safety, effective equipment repair, reliability and functionality in order to support the achievement of uptime and productivity targets at lowest possible cost in compliance with corporate principles and guidelines. Respond to technical issues raised by trades workers to achieve quality, environmental and production levels. Effectively plan and execute short and major shut downs to maximize percent E&I equipment availability to achieve set production goals.
- Supervision of Electrical and Instrumentation Trades;
- Perform and lead monthly crew safety meetings;
- Promote and provide a safe work place and support the implementation of a health and safety program;
- Support problem solving by providing advice or guidance for ongoing troubleshooting or new installations;
- Ensure all electrical & instrumentation systems are in place to provide a reliable source of electricity to the pulp mill and boilers;
- Responsible to assist in initiatives such as E&I reliability plan, motor maintenance program, valve rebuild program, etc.;
- Organizing and planning work tasks.
- Industrial Instrumentation certificate of qualification; or Industrial Electrician certification; or Electrical / Instrumentation Technology Diploma or Electrical Engineering Degree;
- 5 years' experience in a similar role;
- Knowledge of PLC,DCS control systems;
- Knowledge of low and medium voltage power systems;
- Must be familiar with computer and various programs such as excel, word and CMMS systems; Previous pulp and paper experience considered an asset; Flexible and able to adjust to changing priorities.
Why AV Group NB Inc.?
With AV Group NB Inc., you will become a part of a worldwide global company that understands the value of their employees. You will be part of a team that is built on strong values and work ethics. AV Group offers challenges in a wide range of disciplines and opportunities for professional growth, a competitive salary, competitive benefits package and a variety of training & development programs to help you develop the skills you need to build a successful career.
If you believe you are a good fit for a fast-paced, challenging work environment, please submit your application online https://www.av-group.ca/job-listings/ today!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Salary