Posted 9 days ago
Competition Number: 22003401
New Grad Opportunity!
Ever wonder what a Fast-Moving Consumer Good (FMCG) is or how they work?" The vast majority of the products you find while browsing a retail store aisle are Fast Moving Consumer Goods (also known as Consumer-Packaged Goods -CPG). These are product that's consumers, like you, use almost daily and restock frequently, including household paper products, toiletries, cleaning products and also food & beverages. These products are a large foundation to the modern consumer economy and a significant generator of gross domestic product.
The Category Analyst will perform business analyses to assess sales effectiveness and make suggestions on how to better promote products. In order to be effective in the role, the Category Analyst will will need to research the product market, evaluate competitors and make recommendations on how to improve product distribution and pricing. This position is very analytics and insights focused, while having awareness of marketing components.
- Responsible for Category and Shopper Analysis
- Conduct category and shopper performance analyses
- Conduct market coverage analysis of category
- Conduct assortment and pricing analyses
- Create and deliver presentations
- Responsible for Data Reporting & Distribution
- Maintain standardized Business reporting templates as well as business reporting tools
- Update and distribute monthly/annual business reporting suite
- Perform ad hoc report and analysis requests
- Analyze ecommerce performance and content analytics
- Perform space management analysis and updates
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or Marketing or any related field (Masters considered an asset)
- 0-2 years experience in Marketing or Sales or Category Management, preferably within the CPG (Consumer Packaged Goods) industry
- Skills and Knoweldges:
- Knowledge of Category Management and basic Sales terminology
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building abilities
- Strong communicator
- Competency in the area of existing and emerging syndicated data (Nielsen, IRI, Precima)
- Advanced computer and application skills, including Windows-based Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Strong team building, leadership, analytical and presentation skills
- Strong communication skills
What We Offer
Irving Consumer Products is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to:
- A flexible medical, dental, and vision plan
- Employee & family assistance programs
- RRSP matching program
- Health & wellness reimbursements
- Product purchase program
- Opportunities to take part in job related training and development
- Growth and progression opportunities within Irving Personal Care and the larger network of the J.D. Irving group of companies
- Flexible hybrid work options
- Relocation costs (if applicable)
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online!
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Consumer Products Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Save for Later