Posted 20 days ago
Competition Number: 22003368
ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING CO-OP PROJECT STUDENT
Who We Are:
Our team operates within highly technical, fast paced, competitive businesses and is part of an integrated forest products value chain under J.D. Irving, Limited (JDI). Our goal is to play an integrated role in sustainably transforming our renewable forest resources into value-added products for today's consumer markets.
We are not just invested in forest products; we are invested in people. We know that our overall success is a combined effort, and we therefore strive to provide opportunities for our employees to learn, grow, and thrive. Being curious and focused on innovation is key to leading a successful team. True leaders never stop learning and are never satisfied with the status quo.
We operate four Pulp and Paper Mills out of Saint John and St. George, New Brunswick that produce a combined 1 Million Tonnes of Product and employ over 1000 employees.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for Electrical Engineering Co-op Students interested in gaining project engineering work experience.
As an Electrical Engineering co-op student, you are valued member of the project team. No matter what phase you enter the project on you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of different tasks .
- Complete daily inspections and reports of field work and installation contracts. This will involve regular field walks on our project site.
- Attend and contribute to regular safety meetings.
- Co-ordinate installation work with other disciplines, unionized trades people, contractors, and equipment suppliers
- Oversee installations of low to medium voltage electrical equipment, building services components, instrumentation, etc; while ensuring schedule and budget are maintained and monitoring job quality and safety
- Research new technologies and software to be used in project management, field management, and safety applications
- Development of detailed scopes of work for installations related to: scan card access systems, 120 V - 600 V temporary construction power, IT connections including wireless access points, switches and cameras
- Assist in development of "Requests for Proposals" on service contracts related to high voltage equipment installations, building service installations, Instrumentation installation and more.
- Use Microsoft Project to help develop schedules for multiple contracts, and track earned value for on-going contracts.
- Work with software such as Auto Cad, PowerPoint, Excel, and other Document Management Software
Y ou Have:
- Education Required: Electrical Engineering Students available for co-op work term and in good academic standing
- Ability to work safely both in the office and on mill construction sites
- Very good communicaton and organizational skills
- High energy level with thorough attention to detail
- Demonstrate initiative, flexibility and problem-solving skills
- Opportunities for various co-op and internship lengths (4 mos, 8 mos, 12 mos)
- Training and development opportunities to support your professional growth
- Networking, Senior Leadership roundtables, and Mentorship
- Relocation Assistance
- Housing for relocating students (fully-furnished units)
- More than $400 million recently invested into improving and growing the Pulp & Paper Division, with significant future capital investment planned at all four of our Pulp and Paper Mills
- Career growth opportunities in Operations, Maintenance, Engineering, Leadership, and many other disciplines
- Significant investment in training including partnerships with some of the best Educational Institutions in the country
Founded in 1882, J.D. Irving, Limited (JDI) has operations in Eastern Canada (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Ontario, Newfoundland and Labrador), and the United States. Our dedicated team of 18,000 employees work in a diverse set of business sectors including Forestry & Forest Products, Agriculture, Construction & Equipment, Consumer Products, Food, Retail, Shipbuilding, Transportation & Logistics, among others.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online by July 15th, 2022.
We appreciate your interest in our company however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
NOTE: The recruiter is reviewing and interviewing applicants for this position as they are received. If you are interested in this posting, you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
Irving Pulp and Paper Division, is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Save for Later