Competition Number: 22003366
ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING CO-OP STUDENT
Who We Are:
Our team operates within highly technical, fast paced, competitive businesses and is part of an integrated forest products value chain under J.D. Irving, Limited (JDI). Our goal is to play an integrated role in sustainably transforming our renewable forest resources into value-added products for today's consumer markets.
We are not just invested in forest products; we are invested in people. We know that our overall success is a combined effort, and we therefore strive to provide opportunities for our employees to learn, grow, and thrive. Being curious and focused on innovation is key to leading a successful team. True leaders never stop learning and are never satisfied with the status quo.
We operate four Pulp and Paper Mills out of Saint John and St. George, New Brunswick that produce a combined 1 Million Tonnes of Product and employ over 1000 employees.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for Electrical Engineering Co-op Students interested in gaining on the job experience and training in one of our mills located in Saint John or St George NB.
As a valued member of the team, you will get the opportunity to work actively, gaining experience and training firsthand.
- Working with contractors and mill personnel to determine scope, planning and execution of work packages for mill operations.
- Design motor control circuits
- Trend predictive maintenance records on a high voltage transformer
- Work with E&I troubleshooting issues with a density meter.
- Use of PLC and other automation.
- Assist Systems Engineers on maintenance, programming, and configuration of Mill Control Systems
- Use of DCS systems such as Honeywell Experion and Emerson Delta V when assisting Systems Engineers.
Y ou Have:
- Education Required: Electrical Engineering Students available for co-op work term and in good academic standing.
- Ability to work in a team environment involving engineering consultants, equipment suppliers, unionized contractors, and mill personnel to ensure projects are completed in a cost effective, timely, safe, and quality manner.
- Ability to work safely both in the office and on mill construction sites.
- Very good communication and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments and shifting priorities.
- High energy level with thorough attention to details
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Physically capable of climbing ladders and staging
- Opportunities for various co-op and internship lengths (4 mos, 8 mos, 12 mos)
- Training and development opportunities to support your professional growth
- Networking, Senior Leadership roundtables, and Mentorship
- Relocation Assistance
- Housing for relocating students (fully-furnished units)
- More than $400 million recently invested into improving and growing the Pulp & Paper Division, with significant future capital investment planned at all four of our Pulp and Paper Mills
- Career growth opportunities in Operations, Maintenance, Engineering, Leadership, and many other disciplines
- Significant investment in training including partnerships with some of the best Educational Institutions in the country
Founded in 1882, J.D. Irving, Limited (JDI) has operations in Eastern Canada (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Ontario, Newfoundland and Labrador), and the United States. Our dedicated team of 18,000 employees work in a diverse set of business sectors including Forestry & Forest Products, Agriculture, Construction & Equipment, Consumer Products, Food, Retail, Shipbuilding, Transportation & Logistics, among others.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online by July 15th, 2022.
We appreciate your interest in our company however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
NOTE: The recruiter is reviewing and interviewing applicants for this position as they are received. If you are interested in this posting, you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
Please be advised that some positions have been designated as 'Safety Sensitive' where the employee holding the position has a heightened responsibility for his/her own safety or the safety of others due to the nature of the job. If this is the case, you will be informed in the interview process.
Irving Pulp and Paper Division, is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Save for Later