Posted 18 days ago
Competition Number: 22003353
Quality Assurance Technician
Cavendish Farms is a leading producer of frozen food products for retail and foodservice markets throughout Canada, the United States and around the world. We have four state-of-the-art potato processing plants in PEI , Alberta and in Jamestown, ND, and an appetizer plant in Wheatley, ON. Our Head office is in Dieppe, NB and sales office locations are in Toronto, Montreal and Boston.
This position reports to the Quality Assurance Manager, the QA Technician will manage and coordinate all aspects of raw procurement and delivery for Cavendish Appetizer's Wheatley facility. The candidate for this position will be a self starter with a strong work ethic, "Can Do" attitude and the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
Successful Candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Laboratory Technician with experience in standard microbiological plating methods
- Environmental Technician with experience in Waste Water Analysis
- Working knowledge of Food Safety Programs including HACCP and SQF
- 2 years work experience in a food processing facility
- Strong written and communication skills
- Experience with ERP systems such as JD Edwards, SAP, etc.
- Strong skills in data analysis - Excel spreadsheets and graphing.
- Performs physical testing and quality grading of food production samples to ensure the product conforms to company product specifications.
- Performs microbiological, chemical and physical tests on purchased food ingredients and finished products in accordance with the Company procedures manual.
- Performs microbiological, chemical and physical tests on waste water samples ( BOD, TSS, ph, Phosphate, Ammonia, Microbiological )
- Conduct routine sanitation inspections of processing equipment at critical points in the production area of the plant and determine potential sources of contaminations.
- Document test results and effectively communicate to Quality and Production Managers
- Plays an integral part in food safety and internal and external audits
- Ensures proper methods and procedures are followed to be in compliance with safety standards and Health and Safety policies.
- Accurately maintain laboratory testing records
- Microbiological standard plate counting
- Work on projects as assigned by the Quality Manager
Cavendish Farms is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to:
- A flexible health, drug, dental, and vision plan
- Employee & Family Assistance Programs
- Health & wellness reimbursements, includes gym memberships, fitness classes or online workout programs
- Maternity leave top-up program (if applicable)
- RRSP matching program
- Opportunities to take part in job related training and development as well as 24/7 access to online curated learning
- Growth and progression opportunities within Cavendish Farms and the larger network of the JD Irving group of companies
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Cavendish Farms is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Save for Later