We have an exciting opportunity for a Junior Energy Engineer to join our Buildings Engineering team in Saint John, NB working on energy audits, building energy modeling, green building design, feasibility studies and sustainability projects!
As our ideal candidate, you have a keen interest in building energy systems and designing energy efficient building mechanical systems and building control systems. You have an interest in evaluation and feasibility studies for efficiency and renewable energy projects. You want to have a positive impact on the world around you and play an active and integral role in global efforts to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. You're a motivated self-starter, who's excited to participate with an established team of professional engineers and technologists in developing innovative multidisciplinary building design solutions, with an emphasis on client satisfaction and green building design practices.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Commercial and Industrial building energy audits and feasibility studies;
- Energy efficiency and renewable energy studies;
- Greenhouse gas accounting and mitigation studies;
- Building energy modeling using various modeling software tools;
- Assist with climate risk assessment and mitigation strategies as they relate to building mechanical systems;
- Assist in the design and preparation of drawings and contract documents for HVAC, and building control systems;
- Work with an experienced multi-discipline team to develop detailed construction drawings using AutoCAD and Revit;
- Complete heating, cooling and ventilation calculations;
- Conduct field/site investigations;
- Support the day-to-day activities of projects from inception through engineering, construction, commissioning and hand over;
- Meet and liaise with colleagues, clients and suppliers;
- Assist in the development of proposals; and
- Perform construction field reviews.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering;
- Registration as a Member-in-Training in Canada with eligibility for registration with
- 2-5 years of experience with energy audits and analysis of energy systems, building envelope and HVAC analysis in buildings;
- Additional professional accreditations such as CEM, PMP, LEED AP, CTS, etc. would be considered an asset;
- Familiarity with AutoCAD and Revit;
- Familiarity with RETScreen, EQuest, IES-VE or other building energy modeling tools would be considered an asset;
- Exemplary interpersonal skills with team members, other design disciplines, and the public at large;
- Detail-oriented, organized, hardworking, with a team player attitude;
- Performs well under pressure to meet deadlines;
- Available to work overtime, from time to time.
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Valid driver's license and be able to travel to job sites within Atlantic Canada;
What we can offer you:
- A competitive compensation package effective on your first day of employment:
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with employer contributions
- Generous vacation allowance commensurate with experience
- Employee ownership potential
- Employer contributions towards maternity leave top up
- Health and wellness Incentive
- Membership dues reimbursement
- Education and lifelong learning subsidization
- Community volunteering incentive
- Employee Family Assistance Program
In addition to the above benefits, we offer:
- Flexible hours and locations to support work/life balance, including hybrid or remote options;
- Diverse team with a wide range of experience and expertise;
- Exposure to a variety of projects;
- Support to develop skills and pursue projects related to your own interests;
- Collaboration between multiple disciplines and levels of expertise;
- Mentoring opportunities to foster your personal and professional development;
- Accessible and central offices in Atlantic Canada and Ottawa;
- Access to training opportunities in areas ranging from technical development to leadership skills;
As an employee-owned firm, at CBCL, our people are everything. We are committed to promoting inclusivity and diversity for a workplace where everyone can thrive, and we build long-term relationships with our clients while providing them with innovative solutions.
We have earned recognition as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers and one of Canada's Best Managed Companies. Our multitalented group of professionals offer consulting in the Infrastructure, Water and Wastewater, Buildings, Industrial, and Earth and Environment sectors. We value our people, our communities, and our history and look forward to continuing our steady growth.
Along with our commitment to reducing our carbon footprint corporately, CBCL develops and implements sustainable engineering solutions that respect the current social and environmental impacts, as well as future implications of our designs.
CBCL operates from its twelve offices in Halifax and Sydney, NS; Charlottetown, PE; Saint John, Fredericton and Moncton, NB; St. John's, NL, and Ottawa, ON.
CBCL Limited strives to provide a diverse workplace that is inclusive, accessible and celebrates individuals and what makes us unique.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those applicants who are selected to interview will be contacted.