Office Location Moncton, NB
Req # 7673
Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone's friendly and helps each other out? That's like Grant Thornton. Except here we're all professionals and there isn't a mayor or a general store. What we're trying to say is that we're a large and growing professional services firm that still feels like a community. We employ over 2500 people across Canada, and we truly care about our colleagues, our clients and the communities where we work and live. That's what's most important to us. We're building a thriving organization that's purpose driven and still want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is.
Members of our US Tax practice collectively provide the following services to clients across Canada:
• Advice on relevant US/Canada cross border issues
• Preparation of US corporate tax returns with associated federal and state filings
• Developing tax strategies to ensure the efficient repatriation of corporate profits to Canada
• Negotiating with the Internal Revenue Service and state tax authorities
• Claiming all applicable tax deductions and refunds
• Determining the most tax relevant US corporate structure
• Providing advice on foreign acquisition and investment strategies
• Locating the most tax efficient jurisdictions to meet your current and expanding business needs
• State and Local tax compliance and advisory services
As a Manager, US Corporate Tax your responsibilities will include:
• Taking a leading role in managing and growing our US corporate tax practice.
• Proactively provide tax advice and solutions to clients to expand the business
• Supervising and reviewing the work of junior associates for accuracy and completeness
• Managing and mentoring staff
• Review corporate US income tax returns
• Collaboration with team members in Tax and Assurance groups
• Monitoring engagement budgets and project milestones
Be Grant Thornton
If you're a bit like us, you're driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts "we before me", where flexAbility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues to have your back. At Grant Thornton, you'll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that's when the magic happens!
Want to learn more about who we are and how we live our purple every day? Read our colleagues' stories at www.discoveryourpurple.ca
Think you've got what it takes to be a Manager, US Corporate Tax? Like the colour purple? Great. Here's a few more boxes we're also hoping you can tick:
• Appropriate relevant accounting designation (CPA, CA, CGA CMA)
• Ability to develop and present new ideas and conceptualize new approaches and solutions
• US Masters in Tax considered an asset
• At least 4 years experience in Canadian or US Tax in public accounting or in industry
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Exceptional project management and organizational skills
• Strong commitment to excellence and attention to detail; quality driven
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
At Grant Thornton we're focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That's our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?
Grant Thornton LLP is committed to employment equity, human rights and respectful workplace principles throughout the life cycle of employment, including at the recruitment and hiring stages. We welcome applications from members of all equity deserving groups, including persons with disabilities, women, racialized and/or Indigenous applicants. Should you require accommodation in relation to the recruitment process, please notify us by emailing [email protected] and we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs.