Posted 6 days ago
Competition Number: 22002958
With over 50 years' experience in providing superior quality service, Midland Transport Limited has become a leading name in the transportation industry. We offer our customers a one-stop shipping solution through our various services which include LTL, Truckload, Courier, and Third-Party Logistics.
In this role, you will be responsible for coordinating the transportation of freight with drivers and customers. You will schedule drivers for pickups and deliveries on specific routes and maintain up-to-date records and review driver logs to check for errors.
The Work Schedule
Monday to Friday
2:00pm to 10:00pm daily
The Best Fit
- You have 2 years' experience in dispatch (asset)
- You have excellent customer service skills
- You have solid interpersonal, communication (verbal and written), organizational, and time management skills
- You have knowledge of AS400 knowledge (asset)
- You have Forklift Experience (asset)
- You can work with minimal supervision under pressure and time constraints in a stressful environment
- You are familiar with Microsoft Office Suite
- Day-to-day communication, via phone and handheld, with an assigned fleet of drivers to ensure proper load instructions are passed along and carried out
- Line uploads to ensure the best time efficiency and load factor
- Manage service concerns, as required, to limit exposure and minimize impact to the customer
- Coordinate maintenance to city tractors and trailersAssist other dispatch staff as required during spikes in workload
- Assist other dispatch staff as required by preparing and analyzing various reports as required
- Provide Drivers with the right information and equipment to make the entire customer experience positive from start to finish
- Assisting with dock operations at various times.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online by _____.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Midland Transport Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Save for Later