Posted 6 days ago
Competition Number: 22002932
JDI Logistics is a global provider of third party logistics, warehousing and distribution, load brokerage, and intermodal marketing. We focus on offering solutions for the most complex and challenging material movements, utilizing a lean and efficient process model. From singular freight solutions to large supply chain management, JDI Logistics can integrate and manage a wide array of logistics services in both the United States and Canada.
We are currently seeking applicants for the position of Logistician to join our dynamic team in Saint John, NB. This position will be located at 300 Union St. with the primary focus on delivering superior value and performance to our customer.
- Serve as the main point of contact for customers through phone and email.
- Daily Management of shipment volume for accounts you are responsible for.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Negotiate competitive rates with carriers & customers.
- Develop pricing excellence using market data analytics and negotiating carrier rates.
- Account Management activities such as: tracking, tracing, freight market analysis, spot quoting, appointment scheduling, and more.
- Problem solving when issues occur. Freight is always moving, and you will be responsible for troubling shooting problems as they occur. You will also be expected to think outside the box, and work collaboratively with others, to bring solutions to the table.
- Successful completion of a bachelor's degree.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills (both verbal and written).
- Detailed oriented, with and emphasis on accuracy and follow up.
- Coachable; able to take instruction & feedback and apply with confidence.
- Passionate about relationship building, customer service, and problem solving.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills (both verbal and written)
- Thrives in a fast-pace, high pressure environment.
- Must have a can- do attitude and be willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
To apply for this career opportunity please apply online
We appreciate your interest in this position, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
JDI Logistics is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Save for Later