Posted 6 days ago
Competition Number: 22002934
SANITATION SERVICE TECHNICIAN -CORNER BROOK
Chandler is considered one of the largest and most diverse chemical supply companies in Atlantic Canada.
We require a Service Technician to provide service to our customers predominantly in the Corner Brook, NL area.
The successful candidate will be responsible to provide maintenance and repair services to chemical and other types of dispensing and janitorial equipment located in our customers' facilities. Our market includes the Hospitality, Industrial and Institutional sectors, including restaurants, hotels, nursing homes, hospitals, and food production facilities.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- A background in general repair, minor plumbing and electrical repair would be extremely beneficial.
- Ability to troubleshoot, test, repair and service industry equipment as outlined in the role.
- Mechanically inclined for basic pumps and dilution systems
- Ability to work flexible hours and adapt to changing work schedules including some overnight travel.
- Attention to detail.
- Valid driver's license required.
- Physically fit, ability to meet physical demands including reaching, bending, walking, standing, and performing repetitive work, must have the ability to lift over 50 pounds.
All duties noted below include the ability to be on call for emergency repairs after hours:
- Manage all on site installation, repair, maintenance, and test tasks.
- Diagnose errors or technical problems and determine proper solutions.
- Perform monthly preventative maintenance checks and record appropriately.
- Produce timely and detailed service reports.
- Operate vehicle in a safe manner.
- Follow all company's procedures and protocols.
- Comprehend customer requirements and make appropriate recommendations.
- Build positive relationship with customers.
- Other duties as required.
The ideal candidate will be provided a full training program to orient them with our specific equipment. To the right person, we provide:
- Competitive compensation and benefits plan.
- Group RRSP plan, EFAP, and Wellness programs
- Company vehicle, fuel card, and cellphone
- Safe and respectful work environment
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online! We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Chandler is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Save for Later