AV Group NB Inc. is an exciting and innovative company operating three pulp mills in Canada. The two mills in New Brunswick produce dissolving grade pulp for the unique global market of viscos fibre. The third mill located in Ontario, produces high quality kraft paper pulp.
AV Group is part of t he Aditya Birla Group (ABG), a 55 billion $US corporation in the League of Fortune 500 companies. With operations in 36 countries, the Group is anchored by an extraordinary force of over 136,000 employees, belonging to 42 different nationalities. Over 60 per cent of its revenues flow from its overseas operations. As a member of The Aditya Birla Group based in India, our mandate is to produce specialty pulp products to service the textile industry.
AV Group NB Inc. is currently recruiting for a Relief Fibreline Shift Supervisor in Nackawic, NB.
Reporting to the Fibreline Manager, the Fibreline Shift Supervisor is responsible for the direct supervision of 15 employees in the Fiber line area operating a complex process in a challenging environment.
· Ensure that operation's and fibreline activities meet or exceed established mill standards
· Ensure effective utilization of the fibreline's workforce
· Ensure continuous improvement towards current best practices
· Identify and implement cost reduction opportunities in the department
· Comply with Health & Safety and environment standards
· Other duties as assigned
· Minimum of 2 years post-secondary education. Preference will be given to graduates from a Chemical Technologist program or a degree in Chemical Engineering, Forestry or Forest Engineering
· Proven track record in a Kraft Mill and or Pulp industry with 3-5 years relevant experience in a similar role including maintaining reliable operation of industrial equipment is an asset
· Previous Bleach Plant, Pulp Dryer and Digester experience would be considered an asset
· A self-starter with a high degree of motivation, initiative and problem solving ability
· Must be able to lead and manage others to ensure positive business results
· Must exhibit a high degree of communication skills
· Must be a big picture thinker
· Experience working in a unionized environment would be considered an asset
Why AV Group NB Inc.?
With AV Group NB Inc. you will become a part of a worldwide global company that understands the value of their employees. You will be part of a team that is built on strong values and work ethics. AV Group offers challenges in a wide range of disciplines and opportunities for professional growth, a competitive salary, competitive benefits package and a variety of training & development programs to help you develop the skills you need to build a successful career.
If you believe you are a good fit for a fast-paced, challenging work environment, please submit your application by applying online at https://av-group.ca/job-listings/
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Salary