Posted 3 days ago
Competition Number: 22002886
OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT TRAINEE PROGRAM
Cavendish Farms is a leading producer of frozen food products for retail and foodservice markets throughout Canada, the United States, and around the world. We have state-of-the-art potato processing plants in Prince Edward Island, Alberta, and North Dakota, and an appetizer plant in Ontario. Our Head office is in Dieppe, New Brunswick and has sales office locations in Toronto, Montreal, and Boston.
This role can be based out of either New Annan, Prince Edward Island or Lethbridge, AB with possible opportunities for placements at one of our other sites in Ontario and New Brunswick.
Cavendish Farms has an opportunity for those looking to make a career in manufacturing management. Our Operations Management Trainee Program will help create well-rounded leaders on our production floor, to support our team in making the safest, most consistent quality food for our customers, in the most efficient manner.
Successful applicants will be placed into the program with the goal of becoming a future leader in our business. You will learn all facets of manufacturing management in food operations.
The Operations Management Trainee Program includes involvement with high impact projects, personal mentorship, exposure to different plants across the operations throughout North America, as well as leaders across the organization.
Operations Management Trainee Program candidates can expect:
- Challenging, high profile work
- Opportunity to witness first hand manufacturing, potentially at multiple sites
- Formal mentorship to help guide you through your career
- To use skills learned in the classroom and past work experience and put them into practice at a world-class food operation
- Accelerated learning and skills development through professional development and training
To be considered for this role, candidates must:
- Possess proven leadership abilities, including extra-curricular and community involvement;
- Have a strong interest and willingness to be imbedded in various areas of the business from production floor to production support
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to relocate is preferred
- Have a university undergraduate degree or diploma in a Business, Engineering or a Technical field is preferred
Cavendish Farms is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to:
- A flexible health, drug, dental, and vision plan
- Employee & Family Assistance Programs
- Health & wellness reimbursements, includes gym memberships, fitness classes or online workout programs
- Maternity leave top-up program (if applicable)
- RRSP matching program
- Opportunities to take part in job related training and development as well as 24/7 access to online curated learning
- Growth and progression opportunities within Cavendish Farms and the larger network of the JD Irving group of companies
- Salary $56,430 to $79,200
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Cavendish Farms Corporation is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Save for Later