Office Location New Glasgow, NS
Alternate Location: Antigonish, NS
Req # 7624
Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone's friendly and helps each other out? That's like Grant Thornton. Except here we're all professionals and there isn't a mayor or a general store. What we're trying to say is that we're a large and growing professional services firm that still feels like a community. We employ over 2500 people across Canada, and we truly care about our colleagues, our clients and the communities where we work and live. That's what's most important to us. We're building a thriving organization that's purpose driven and still want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is.
A career in assurance with Grant Thornton will provide you an opportunity to:
• Work with a team of professionals who assist individuals and businesses with a wide range of accounting and financial services
• Be part of a unique work culture that challenges you to further your professional development and enlarge your chosen career path
• Be part of a fast growing environment with well respected professionals who are locally renowned in their respective field
• Develop solutions with clients and co-workers through collaborative debate and discussion
• Be engaged with clients on a variety of local and national projects
As a Senior Accountant, Privately Held Business Group your responsibilities will include:
• Working with clients and providing exceptional client service
• Providing solutions to our clients on current business and financial issues
• Planning, preparation and execution of financial statements for review engagements and compilations with appropriate note disclosures
• Planning and preparation of working paper files for review engagements and compilations
• Preparation and filing of personal and corporate tax returns
• Providing mentorship and training to junior team members
Be Grant Thornton
If you're a bit like us, you're driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts "we before me", where flexAbility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues to have your back. At Grant Thornton, you'll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that's when the magic happens!
Want to learn more about who we are and how we live our purple every day? Read our colleagues' stories at www.discoveryourpurple.ca
Think you've got what it takes to be a Senior Accountant, Privately Held Business Group? Like the colour purple? Great. Here's a few more boxes we're also hoping you can tick:
• Possession of a University Degree or Diploma with a concentration in Accounting
• 3-5+ years of experience in public practice, in accounting and for small to medium-sized owner-managed businesses
• Relevant professional experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Proven problem solver with solid analytical skills
• Strong technical experience in accounting and tax
• Experience with Caseware, Taxprep and QuickBooks is an asset
• Strong working knowledge of MS Office suite and ability to grasp new technology tools
• Ability to execute on deliverables in a deadline-driven environment
• Results-oriented with a sense of urgency. Quick learner, self-starter and exudes a "can do" attitude
• Good understanding of team dynamics and cohesion. Strong team player and collaborator
• Desire to learn and grow, and be an integral part of a high-performing team
At Grant Thornton we're focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That's our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?
Grant Thornton LLP is committed to employment equity, human rights and respectful workplace principles throughout the life cycle of employment, including at the recruitment and hiring stages. We welcome applications from members of all equity deserving groups, including persons with disabilities, women, racialized and/or Indigenous applicants. Should you require accommodation in relation to the recruitment process, please notify us by emailing [email protected] and we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs.