Mechanical Maintenance Superintendent - Steam & Recaust
AV Group NB Inc. is an exciting and innovative company operating in the unique global market of viscose fibre. Located in Nackawic, New Brunswick, our pulp mill finds itself in a picturesque area of the Saint John River, a short drive between Fredericton and Woodstock. As part of the Aditya Birla Group, our role is to produce specialty pulp products (dissolving grade pulp) for the group's textile industry. The Nackawic Mill has an annual production of 175,000 tons; an onsite integrated Chemical Plant and Chip Plant.
Aditya Birla Group is a US $44.3 billion corporation; anchored by an extraordinary force of over 120,000 employees belonging to 42 nationalities, operating in 34 countries. Aditya Birla was ranked fourth globally and first in the Asia-Pacific region, in the "top companies for leaders" study. It is also ranked first in the production of viscose staple fibre textiles worldwide.
AV Group NB Inc. Nackawic Mill is currently recruiting for the following position: Steam & Recaust Mechanical Superintendent
Reporting to the Maintenance and Engineering Manager, the successful candidate will play a key role in the Mechanical Maintenance Department. The successful candidate will manage the maintenance repair activities for the mill, mainly in Steam & Recaust, in order to support the achievement of uptime and productivity targets while ensuring health & safety, quality, environment, cost and human resources objectives are obtained in compliance with our corporate principles and guidelines, as well as applicable legislation.
- Ensure that maintenance activities meet or exceed established mill standards;
- Ensure effective utilization of the maintenance workforce;
- Ensure continuous improvement towards current best practices based on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs);
- Ensure effective utilization of the maintenance management systems and recommend changes or improvements to the Maintenance & Engineering Manager;
- Assign resources as required to root cause analysis of issues and their elimination;
- Prepare and meet department budget, explain variances with appropriate action taken as required.
- Identify and implement cost reduction opportunities in the department;
- Identify maintenance crew training requirements by auditing the quality and efficiency of the tradesmen;
- Ensure direct reports demonstrate effectiveness in their roles and are provided with development opportunities;
- Ensure full compliance with the collective agreement and foster sound union-management and employee relations;
- Responsible for the planning & executing all activities around mechanical maintenance and repairs in the Steam and Recaust areas, completed during the (2) major shutdowns per year.
- Comply with Health & Safety and environment standards.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering;
- 2-5 years' experience in a similar role or progressive experience into management role;
- Experience working in a unionized environment;
- Knowledge of Maximo and SAP;
- Must be familiar with computer and various programs such as Excel, Word;
- Ability to work as a member of a team with minimal supervision;
- Strong time management, organizational, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills are required;
- Experience with planning systems;
- Strong organization skills;
- Leadership and communication skills;
- Flexible and ability to adapt to changing priorities;
- Past Pulp& Paper Supervisory and/or Management experience would be considered an asset.
Why AV Group NB Inc.?
With AV Group NB Inc., you will become a part of a worldwide global company that understands the value of their employees. You will be part of a team that is built on strong values and work ethics. AV Group offers challenges in a wide range of disciplines and opportunities for professional growth, a competitive salary, competitive benefits package and a variety of training & development programs to help you develop the skills you need to build a successful career.
If you believe you are a good fit for a fast-paced, challenging work environment, please submit your application online https://www.av-group.ca/job-listings/ today!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Salary