Posted 29 days ago This job may expire soon!
Competition Number: 22002615
Cavendish Farms is a leading producer of frozen potato products for retail and foodservice markets throughout Canada, the United States and around the world. We have state-of-the-art processing plants in New Annan PEI, Lethbridge, AB, Wheatley, ON and another in Jamestown, ND, with head offices in Dieppe, NB and sales locations in Toronto, Montreal and Boston.
Cavendish Farms is currently seeking candidates who are interested in pursuing a career in operations. You will be provided with an opportunity to learn the business working initially as a Team Leader on the shop floor to gain valuable experience that will enable you to grow your career. As you become part of the future succession plan, your career can grow through Operations, Quality Control, Engineering, Maintenance, Continuous Improvement, Logistics or Accounting. An exciting and rewarding career is waiting.
Successful Candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- University Degree, Community College, Technical diploma, or equivalent work experience;
- Experience driving efficiency and accountability in a unionized environment;
- Ability to pull information from various resources, analyze, and make decisions based on data
- Must be able to present information effectively and accurately;
- Understanding of customer expectations and a willingness to exceed these expectations;
- Clear understanding of and dedication to meeting deadlines;
- Ability to work independently and as part of the team;
- Strong computer skills.
Key Responsibilities :
- Coordinate and supervise a staff of unionized hourly employees to meet the immediate short, and long term objectives of the department;
- Ensure a safe working environment is maintained at all times by enforcing standards, policies and regulations;
- Report and identify performance opportunities;
- Actively participate in regular Team meetings;
- Train, schedule, motivate employees, and discipline when needed;
- Must be willing to work a twelve (12) hour rotating shift work schedule;
- Effectively communicate with all other internal departments;
- Participate in regulatory audits (CFIA & SQF);
- Ensure customer orders are met while maintaining quality;
- Ensure plants are maintained to Irving standards;
- Trouble shooting problems;
- Conduct Crew meetings (Safety, Production, and Informational).
Earn up to a $5000 Welcome Bonus!
If you are interested in applying for this career opportunity, Applications must be received by October 1.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Save for Later