Are you looking for a challenging but rewarding career within a fast paced growing company? Measurand is seeking a Senior Support Engineer to join our team. You will work with a number of talented people with in-depth knowledge of our products and systems. The Senior Support Engineer is responsible for playing a key role in developing, mentoring and supporting our internal Technical Services teams as well as our external customers and clients.
- Respond to and resolve client issues through incident recognition, research, resolution, and follow up
- Work with our support team to help clients interpret deformation data and performance of structures
- Work with the sales team to help interpret client requirements for instrumentation
- Increase the Measurand team's general knowledge of civil and geotechnical engineering
- Working with senior staff to become familiar with Measurand's software
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards, uses easy-to-understand user interface text, and is appropriate for its intended audience
- Provide support during software and installation training sessions
- Gather information on product use, industry needs and communicate this to the product development team
- Be willing and available to travel on sites for training and installation purpose
- Perform additional duties as required
Qualifications and Skills Required
- University degree in geomatics, civil or geotechnical engineering and professional engineering designation (PEng)
- Master's level engineering degree is an asset
- Knowledge of power and electrical systems
- Education in IT or related field, e-learning experience is an asset
- Ability to work independently and manage completing priorities
- Ten years of post-graduate experience, with a preference in the geotechnical field
- 5+ years experience effectively leading a multi-discipline team
- Strong written and verbal communication, negotiation, and presentation skills for proposing, presenting and discussing solutions with all levels of the organization and external clients
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary
- Strong organizational skills, problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Experience with the design and evaluation of civil and mining structures
- Experience with field instrumentation is preferred
As a company that works quickly to set the world-standard in geotechnical instrumentation, Measurand needs employees that can grow and develop with us. Measurand and our partners under the Terra Insights group of companies, have a global network of over 22 distributors and sells its product to over 40 countries.
Measurand is committed to providing a safe and inclusive workplace where employees are empowered to design, manufacture, and deliver the highest quality shape monitoring products. Measurand offers an environment to people who are confident, adaptable, and focused on building lasting relationships. We offer a very competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits.
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter to Marcia Everett, Human Resource Manager by email to [email protected] with "Senior Support Engineer" in the subject line.
Thank you for your interest in Measurand. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those selected for a screening interview will be contacted.