Posted 28 days ago This job may expire soon!
Competition Number: 22002534
Data Analyst- Finance Transformation
Are you looking to have a meaningful opportunity to grow your career and make an impact across finance? We are currently looking for a curious and highly self-motivated individual with an aptitude for systems, technology, and process improvement to join our Finance Transformation team in the role of Data Analyst at our offices in Saint John and/or Moncton, New Brunswick.
This is a project-based role working on implementation and development of data models and visualizations. Reporting to the Team Lead, Finance Transformation, you will have the opportunity to:
- Use your creativity and critical thinking to solve problems
- Dive deep into the data and systems that run finance
- Collaborate with teams across the organization to have a meaningful impact
- We will provide you training on tools, technologies, and improvement methodologies to ensure your success and growth in this role and on our team.
Finance Transformation is made up of a collection of people with diverse backgrounds and skillsets. We work closely with great teams across Finance and our Operations to implement and improve Finance solutions regarding RPA, Automation, Financial Modeling, Data Visualization, Analytics, and ERP financials. We combine analytical and strategic thinking to develop a sound financial future for our organization. We look for individuals with experience in this area or people looking to broaden their horizons. Our mission is to make everything in finance easier, better, and faster.
The team is part of our broader Finance group committed to delivering real time financial insight to seven different operating divisions of J.D. Irving, Limited through process improvement, automation, and data analytics. We are an organization of dedicated financial professionals offering many career paths within finance and beyond in the various J.D. Irving, Limited businesses.
- Gather and analyze business requirements and user specifications
- Design, develop and document dashboards, reports, and analytical tools
- Design, develop and document data models merging disparate data sources
- Design, develop and document data capture and storage solutions that meet reporting requirements
- Interact with and present to business partners throughout the development process
- Evaluate user requests for new or modified functionality
- Degree or diploma in Business Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration, or other relevant field
- Work experience in developing dashboards, data visualizations or reports
- Some experience with relational databases
- Good understanding of conceptual, logical, physical data modeling concepts
- Experience in performing data and system analysis to determine the most effective solution to meet business needs
- Knowledge of Cognos, Alteryx, Tableau, R, and/or Python considered an asset
- Ability to self-manage timelines and deliverables, and work in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet targets with limited supervision
- Strong communication skills - able to elicit information from and communicate technical information to non-technical stakeholders
The Ideal Candidate
- Thrives with work variety and new challenges
- Highly organized, pays close attention to detail, results driven, flexible and overall a critical problem solver
- High level of perseverance and independence - able to search for and build solutions with new, emerging technologies
- Interest in participating to analytical solution development from end to end, including data entry, quality checks, reporting and solution documentation
- Creative thinker that thrives on doing what it takes to transform data into a useful format for business decision making
- Shows curiosity when dealing with datasets and problems
- Able to visualize, document, work through integrations between various systems and disparate data assets
- Strong verbal, presentation, and written communication skills
- Able to work alongside other analytical experts as well as meet with business partners to determine requirements for intuitive, creative, analytical solutions
- Growth Mindset
We appreciate your interest in our company however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Save for Later