At The Source, we believe that the right tech makes all the difference and exist to help Canadians discover the endless possibilities of tech. We carry the latest tech, offer advice across all categories and networks, and put our customers first to ensure they find the right tech for them.
Every day our Associates across the country help Canadians find the tech they want and need. The Source is a great place to work and we are committed to your development through best in class training programs that help you do your best. Behind our in-store Associates is a supporting team of professionals who curate our product assortment, ensure on-time deliveries, create engaging marketing campaigns and help keep our systems running at peak capacity.
We are passionate about what we do and look for individuals with their own passion, curiosity and genuine helpfulness to join us!
This position is responsible for the creative conceptualization and technical development of visually exciting multimedia, social media assets, website design and content, as well as other supporting multimedia collaterals within the established branding and marketing guidelines.
- Creative and technical development of web banners and content for thesource.ca, e-newsletters, social media ads and external advertising opportunities in both static and animated forms.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines, ensuring all output delivers on the objectives of the brief.
- Liaise with internal and external parties in the development and creation of design for strategic promotions to ensure a consistent message is carried throughout all projects and that corporate branding is retained.
- Ensure all required Web Content Accessibility Guidelines are met.
- Maintain and manage creative files and database of creative for future reference and sharing. Document and maintain design brand standards documents and templates.
- Create and translate design files into fully compliant web files, and other multimedia elements ensuring a fully functional, visually standard 'on brand' customer experience with strict compliance to design standards and best practice.
- Act as a steward to our online and offline presence, working closely with internal and external departments.
- Remain aware of market trends and current design principals.
- Complete special projects upon request. Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Follow published policies related to health and safety rules specific to the workplace as provided by senior management. Promote health and safety within the workplace. Report any potential problems or unsafe situations to supervisors and/or senior management.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with a
high-volume workload often requiring short turnaround times.
- Must have a passion for design and be creative but understand the difference between creative expression and commercial reality.
- Strong organizational and time management skills are required. Must be able to work on multiple projects in a detail driven environment while
- Strong problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Must be comfortable working in a Mac and PC environment.
- Formal training in graphic design principles is crucial.
- Adobe Creative Cloud. Must have in-depth experience with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. Experience with After Effects and Animate considered an asset. Must have an in-depth understanding of file integration, creation and manipulation for web and other interactive based projects.
- Microsoft Office
- HTML5 experience is considered an asset - used for web based design and animation.
- CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) - web page design, setup and formatting.
Position Type: Non Management
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Barrie || Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 06/21/2022
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
As Canada's favourite tech retailer you have the opportunity to work close to home - and we're also proud to offer a competitive compensation package that includes an extensive recognition and rewards program, career development opportunities, multi-faceted training programs, competitive medical and dental benefits, charity and volunteer opportunities and of course, associate discounts!
The Source celebrates and embraces diversity as part of our culture. We strive to be an inclusive, equitable and accessible environment that supports both our internal and external customers, ensuring everyone feels valued and respected. Accommodations are available on request for all candidates taking part in any aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or [email protected] to make arrangements.