NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : NBNU
ZONE : Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY : Stella-Maris-de-Kent Hospital
DEPARTMENT : Medecine Unit
CLASSIFICATION : Registered Nurse Class Manager (RNCMA)
STATUS : Permanent full-time
FTE : 1.0
ANTICIPATED START DATE : As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK :
Day shifts - Monday to Friday
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the department and for organizing, coordinating, planning and evaluating activities based on the clientele. They will manage the nursing staff in addition to the physical and material resources. They will ensure quality of care and patient safety. They will also maintain communication between the staff, clientele, multidisciplinary team and the community. They will facilitate change, decision-making and the independence of the staff and clientele. The successful candidate will act as a facilitator and advisor and will ensure staff training and skills maintenance. They will also create an atmosphere favourable to research and to the advancement of the profession. They will collaborate with the program director in their administrative duties and carry out all other associated duties, as per the needs of the department.
- Member of the Nurses Association of New Brunswick (NANB)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- BLS (basic life support) certification and maintenance of this certification
- Service management certificate (health services, staff or business management) and/or other management certificate / experience deemed equivalent or ability to obtain certification within three years of obtaining position
- Five years' medical and/or nursing experience acquired within the past eight years
- Minimum of two years' recent experience in health care management in a hospital setting considered an asset
- Proven leadership skills
- Proven ability to solve problems, make decisions and resolve conflicts
- Proven ability to organize and manage their work and perform self-directed work
- Proven ability to work within a decentralized care model as well as proven abilities as a consultant, facilitator and coach
- Strong interest in expanding their knowledge
- Proven ability to organize and manage assigned workload
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to fulfill their role in a changing work environment
- Full command of IT tools such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and various Meditech software programs
- Valid driver's licence (class V)
- Ability to use own vehicle
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.