Posted 15 days ago
Competition Number: 22002403
CUT SHOP ASSOCIATE
Kent is the largest retail building supply chain in Atlantic Canada. Our mission is to be the best source of home improvement products through superior service, quality products and everyday great prices. We protect our customers and staff by hiring and training associates committed to our safety values.
Cut Shop Associates cut countertops, doors, mouldings and other products as needed. They are responsible for securing and maintaining all cut shop tools and equipment.
Typical career steps are to work in sales in either the hardware department or project sales.
- Responsible for the safe operation and maintenance of cut shop tools, saws and dust collection systems
- Communicates with customers, sales associates and shippers to ensure that work orders are properly scheduled
- Ensures those entering the cut shop follow safety protocols
- Builds custom wooden items for store use and product merchandising
- Safety mindset
- Carpentry training is preferred
- 2 years of experience using a variety of saws (table, miter, jig, circular, band )
- High attention to detail
- Able to work in hot, cold and variable temperatures (delete depending on situation in store)
- A safe work environment
- Incentive programs
- Employee discount
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan
- Opportunities for growth and career advancement
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Apply online today!
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
Kent Building Supplies is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Save for Later