Posted 17 days ago
Competition Number: 22002303
We are currently seeking qualified candidates to join our Financial Accounting & Reporting Team, JDI Finance, supporting our Transportation Division, in Saint John, New Brunswick in the role of Senior Accountant.
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) Designation
- University Bachelor's Degree
- 6 years of professional financial experience
- Previous experience coaching junior team members
- Highly self-motivated, innately curious, and solutions focused
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Continuous improvement mindset
- High attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- MS Excel proficiency, and experience with JD Edwards is an asset
- Coaching and mentoring of accounting & reporting associates to ensure ongoing team development and support
- Financial statement preparation & variance analysis
- Coordination of internal and external audits
- Participate in & lead process improvement initiatives
- Strong desire to lead & focus on continuous professional development
What we offer:
At J.D. Irving, Limited we will provide you with unlimited career opportunities in a team-based collaborative environment while helping you achieve your professional goals.Whether you want to build your career nationally or in the global marketplace, you'll have the chance to use your expertise, expand your skill set and learn new things working for a family-oriented company that appreciates you want a balanced lifestyle.
Since our inception over 135 years ago, our employees continue to build JDI into a diverse group of performance driven enterprises. We are focused on continuous improvement, starting with you. Our Head Office location hosts a fitness facility, cafe, and a parking garage.
We appreciate your interest in our company however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Save for Later