Posted 22 days ago
Competition Number: 22002315
INSTRUCTIONAL SYSTEMS DESIGNER - VICTORIA, BC (Hybrid)
We Are Fleetway!
We believe Canada's maritime fleets need to be reliable and fit for purpose, with crews that are fully trained and supported. We work as a trusted technical partner during design, construction, in-service, and end of life. We are proud to deliver quality professional technical services including Engineering, Integrated Logistics Support, Technical Editing, Configuration Management, Project Management, Training, Technical Translation, and Marine Technical Services.
Over the past 35 years, we have built an outstanding team of people and partners, invested in the tools, and earned an exemplary track record servicing our customers. Everything we do is aimed at developing our people and improving our use of innovation to be the leading professional services provider in the marine industry.
We uphold the highest standards of quality, safety, and security, and are registered to the ISO 9001:2015 designation.
If this sounds like a team you'd like to be a part of and make a difference with, then we'd love to hear from you!
We are looking for a qualified Instructional Systems Designer for our Victoria, BC office.
Our Instructional Systems Designer works within the Training team and performs training needs analyses, training media analyses, occupational analyses and personnel requirements on systems and equipment. They also provide instructional design on courseware development projects for instructor-led training, eLearning and for desktop and mobile applications plus work with Simulation/Trainer Staff in determining requirements for trainers.
Fleetway Inc. is committed to the principle of employment equity and strives to provide an environment where all employees feel supported, valued, and free from discrimination and harassment. Fleetway Inc. is committed to providing an accessible organization by removing barriers for people with disabilities . We encourage applications from qualified African Canadians and other Racially Visible Persons, Women (applying for non-traditional positions), Persons with Disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons of the LGBTQ2S community.
Key Responsibilities & Outcomes:
- Conducts Training Needs Analysis (TNA), Training Media Analysis (TMA), Occupational Analysis and Personnel Requirements (OAPR) in support of new assets (e.g. ship class, vehicle fleet, oil platform, etc.)
- Establishes and maintains design authority to implement training strategies and design the curriculum and training program using the latest adult learning and Instructional System Design principles
- Designs and develops a range of delivery platforms such as in-class training, e-learning modules, self-paced online and blended learning, simulation, virtual/augmented reality to meet the learner and business needs, working collaboratively with designers and project team to align on strategy and vision of a seamless customer experience
- Work with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and vendors with regards to training strategy, processes, templates, standards and quality throughout the analysis, design and development phases of the project lifecycle, in alignment with overall project vision
- Contribute to Requests for Proposals, generate estimates, work breakdown schedules, technical enquiries, special studies, presentations, or other tasks as directed by Technical Training Manager
Skills, Capabilities, and Experience:
- Education required: An undergraduate university degree with a major in one of the following fields - Education, Adult Learning, Distance Learning or eLearning
- 3 years' experience in the application of Training analyses, instructional design and technical documentation
- Expertise with computer techniques and models for analysis, simulation or information systems and documentation
- Knowledge of the Canadian Forces Individual Training and Education System (CFITES) is an asset
- Must be eligible to meet requirements for Canadian government security clearances
What We Offer:
The successful candidate will receive a starting salary based on applicable experience with demonstrated knowledge, skill and abilities along with a comprehensive package including:
- We are regularly adding new departments, positions, and functions within Fleetway, as well as the broader J.D. Irving group of companies. There is a lot of growth and development opportunities for future career advancement
- We have training budgets to provide direct support to training and development plans, including professional certifications, memberships, or designations
- We have Mental Health first aid trained staff in all offices, and an ongoing subscription to Not Myself Today mental health support in the workplace program
- Employee & Family Assistance Programs
- Ability to save for your future with our generous RRSP program
- Flexible work hours (core hours)
- Hybrid work arrangements
- A flexible medical, dental, and vision plan, with enhances focus on mental health and wellness
- Annual health & wellness reimbursements
- Business casual work environment, with casual Friday's
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. A current resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters.If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Fleetway.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Save for Later