Posted 21 days ago
Competition Number: 22002285
SR. COMBAT TECHNOLOGIST - OTTAWA, ON (HYBRID)
We Are Fleetway!
We believe Canada's maritime fleets need to be reliable and fit for purpose, with crews that are fully trained and supported. We work as a trusted technical partner during design, construction, in-service, and end of life. We are proud to deliver quality professional technical services including Engineering, Integrated Logistics Support, Technical Editing, Configuration Management, Project Management, Training, Technical Translation, and Marine Technical Services.
Over the past 35 years, we have built an outstanding team of people and partners, invested in the tools, and earned an exemplary track record servicing our customers. Everything we do is aimed at developing our people and improving our use of innovation to be the leading professional services provider in the marine industry.
We uphold the highest standards of quality, safety and security, and are registered to the ISO 9001:2015 Standards.
If this sounds like a team you'd like to be a part of and make a difference with, then we'd love to hear from you!
As one of Canada's largest marine engineering integrators, we are looking for talented individuals to bring their skills to Fleetway as we lead the way in Canadian naval defence contracts (In Service Support). Our work is project focused on government ship design and support, including warships, ferries, ice-breakers and commercial vessels. We are looking for a qualified Sr. Combat Technologist to join our Ottawa, ON office.
Our Sr. Combat Technologists are a critical component of the Fleetway Engineering team and are respected in the industry through their proven hands-on experience in marine engineering environments and their ability to provide solutions to client engineering design challenges. They will attend meetings as Fleetway's representative and ambassador and they will lead the review of contract deliverables, provide technical support and prepare and deliver reports as required for the client.
Fleetway is committed to the principle of employment equity and strives to provide an environment where all employees feel supported, valued, and free from discrimination and harassment. We encourage applications from qualified African Canadians and other Racially Visible Persons, Women, Persons with Disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons of the LGBTQ2S community. Fleetway is committed to providing an accessible organization by removing barriers for people with disabilities.
Key Responsibilities and Outcomes:
- Support decision making for maintenance, obsolescence, and vessel sustainment activities
- Provide project management tools and practices for large, complex initiatives including planning phases, monitoring progress and performance to ensure milestones are met. You will implement and manage changes and interventions to ensure project goals are achieved (customer satisfaction, safety, quality and team member performance) to optimize budget and schedule performance
- You will interact frequently with clients, both internal and external, and require strong communication skills, both in writing and orally, as well as have exceptional organizational skills. You will have continuous communications with stakeholders to make communication easy and transparent regarding project issues and decisions on services
- Provide Engineering, Technical and Maintenance support to various clients. This includes analyze engineering changes, naval ships/systems/equipment including structures, materials, welding, paint & preservation, shock & vibration, damage control systems, piping systems
- You will conduct technical investigations, engineering studies, review and update naval system and equipment technical documentation, as well as create and manage technical publications
Skills, Capabilities, and Experience :
- Education Preferred: P01 Maintenance Manager, OR Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Applied Science
- 10 years of demonstrated experience in naval ship discipline
- PMP certification an asset
- Must have attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to meet project deadlines with minimal supervision
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance
What We Offer:
The successful candidate will receive a starting salary based on their applicable experience and demonstrated knowledge, skill and abilities. Additionally, we offer the following:
- We are regularly adding new departments, positions, and functions within Fleetway, as such we can offer you growth and development opportunities for future career advancement
- We provide direct support to your training and development plans, including support towards your professional certifications, memberships, or designations
- Flexible work hours (core hours)
- Hybrid work arrangements
- We have Mental Health first aid trained staff in all offices, and an ongoing subscription to the Not Myself Today mental health program
- A flexible medical, dental, and vision plan, with an enhanced focus on mental health and wellness
- Ability to save for your future with our company matching RRSP program
- 15-week maternity leave top-up program
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Annual health & wellness reimbursements
- Business casual work environment, with casual Friday's
- A slick company jacket that will definitely make you the envy of your friends
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. A resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters.If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Fleetway.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Save for Later