Posted 9 days ago
Competition Number: 22002073
OPPORTUNITIES FOR TALENT ACQUISITION ASSOCIATES
Located at 3099 Barrington Street in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3K 5M7, and 35 Micmac Boulevard, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3A 4Y8, Irving Shipbuilding has a proud history as Canada's shipbuilder. A proud member of the J.D. Irving, Limited group of companies, we have been building quality vessels and fabricated modules for more than 50 years, and our Halifax Shipyard has been at the forefront of Canadian shipbuilding for 130 years.
Since 2012, we have invested more than $400 million in facilities, people, processes, and technology, making Halifax Shipyard one of the most modern and capable shipyards in North America. Over the next 30 years our shipbuilders will construct 20 modern patrol ships and surface combatants for the Royal Canadian Navy as part of Canada's National Shipbuilding Strategy, the largest defence procurement in Canadian history. This year we delivered the second lead Arctic and Offshore Patrol Ship, the largest Navy ship built in Canada in 50 years and we're just getting started. The third ship will be delivered in 2022.
We're growing our team with career-defining opportunities that will revitalize Canada's shipbuilding industry and provide Canada's sailors with the ships they need to protect Canada's interests at home and abroad. Our workforce of over 2,000 will grow to more than 2,800 at peak construction of the Canadian Surface Combatants. We have built more than 80% of Canada's current combatant fleet and continue to perform maintenance and modernization work on the ships, including the Halifax-class frigates.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is seeking Talent Acquisition Associates.
This is a permanent full-time role based in Halifax Regional Municipality, Nova Scotia. The primary language of work is English.
We encourage applications from qualified African Nova Scotians, racially visible persons, women (applying for non-traditional positions), persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons of the 2SLGBTQ community. ISI encourages applicants to self-identify in the cover letter/resume portion of your application. Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment where all employees feel supported and valued.
Reporting to the Manager, Talent Acquisition, the Talent Acquisition Associate is part of a dynamic and fast-paced professional team focused on sourcing and retaining the best and the brightest to join our company.
The ideal candidate is collaborative, customer focused and builds strong relationships inside and outside of the organization. They thrive in a fast-paced environment and are comfortable leveraging a variety of international channels to build networks and develop sourcing pipelines to achieve our staffing needs.
If you are an intrinsically motivated professional who takes pride in finding the 'needle in a haystack' and anticipates opportunities then acts upon them, we want to hear from you!
- Education Required: Diploma in Office Management, Business Technology or Human Resources
- Years of Experience Required: 2-5 years of relevant work experience
- Excellent computer systems skills; MS Office and HRIS
- Experience with Taleo, HCM or Kronos is considered a strong asset
- Customer focused individual with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Energetic self-starter who enjoys working in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Support Talent Acquisition Business Partners by:
- Conducting general pre-screens, as well as coordinating and administering pre-employment candidate testing and reference checks
- Scheduling candidate interviews with hiring managers
- Entering candidate information and data for tracking purposes
- Preparing pre-offer audits to ensure all candidate information is recorded
- Work closely with Hiring Managers and HR Business Partners to plan, coordinate and execute the recruitment process for Trades and students
- Execute the comprehensive recruitment process for all candidates including screening, distributing resumes, pre-screening, and coordinating interviews and candidate visits for Trades, Students and Shelburne Ship Repair
- Participate in business improvement initiatives and identify opportunities to improve our recruitment processes
- Leverage social and digital campaigns to promote employment brand and attract qualified candidates
- Act as a key liaison and develop strong relationships with our recruitment partners
- Continually research and understand industry trends and how they affect the candidate's decision making process to improve our overall strategy and develop supporting material
- Build and maintain a strong network through interaction with industry stakeholders
- Coordinate and ensure all required immigration paperwork is processed in a timely manner
What We Offer:
Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to:
Please be advised that some positions within our business have been designated as 'Safety Sensitive' where the employee holding the position has a heightened responsibility for his/her own safety or the safety of others due to the nature of the job. If this is the case, you will be informed in the interview process.
For further details, please contact the Recruitment Team at [email protected].
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Save for Later