Posted 12 days ago
Competition Number: 22001770
CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT LEAD
The Construction and Equipment Division, a part of the J.D. Irving, Limited group of companies, is a key player in the Atlantic Canadian market. With six operating companies in the division, the group provides heavy lift and mobile crane services, civil construction services, modular homes, wallboard manufacturing, steel and fabrication services, technical field services (mechanical, NDT, survey, etc.), and pump sales, parts, and repair services to its customers.
We are currenlty experiencing a period of growth and are looking to add a Continuous Improvement Lead to our Divisional Team.
As the ideal candidate, you bring ideas to the table with a mindset to actively collaborate, implement solutions, and enjoy shared success. Your natural energy and optimism fit well with our fast-paced team whose proven record of implementing CI initiatives with efficiency and effectiveness matches your drive to win every day.
Reporting to the Divisional Director, Finance, with a high degree of contact and interaction with General Managers and Operations Leads, this role provides opportunity to lead for success in business outcomes across our companies. With full support of division, company, and IT leadership, the list of areas to improve is extensive and includes but is not limited to:
- Improving our carbon footprint (lowering fossil fuel usage),
- Implementing GPS based hardware and software to manage an extensive and varied fleet,
- Inventory and stock room optimizations,
- Analytics project support such as:
- Automation of back-office processes,
- Sales / revenue analytics,
- Improving plant throughput and efficiency,
- Time recording apps for operators and maintenance employees, and
- Tendering and bid analytics around success rates.
Your qualifications include:
- A bachelor's degree in business, engineering, or a related field.
- Solid understanding of Formal Management Systems (daily, process, initiative, strategic, and process management).
- Demonstrated experience applying Lean and Six Sigma improvement methodologies to drive practical improvements to key business metrics.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data, concisely visualize what the data reveals, and clearly communicate the business impact. High level of proficiency in the Microsoft suite is required.
- Minimum seven (7) years professional experience with demonstrated success in influencing roles leading improvement projects to drive practical business outcomes.
- Exceptional communication and problem-solving skills with a proven track record for building and fostering positive relationships with all stakeholders, internal and external.
We offer you:
- Unlimited opportunities to grow your career with the J.D. Irving Limited group of companies. We invest in continuous professional growth through strong career development programs.
- A competitive compensation package as well as excellent benefits including a flex health and medical plan, life and disability insurance, RRSP Plan, tuition and wellness reimbursement, and more.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! The initial review of applications will begin on the deadline date for applying. Applications received after the deadline may not be considered. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Equipment Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Save for Later